PDA

View Full Version : So i bought this game called Terraria..

Coeco
05-17-2011, 03:10 AM
And 14 seconds into the game, this happens.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z45/coeco/Terraria.jpg

SURE BE SUM QUALITY INDIE MON

VengZ
05-17-2011, 03:14 AM
You got .NET and XNA and all that crap?
Can't remember I got it installed but I've seen someone talk about you need those thing

Coeco
05-17-2011, 03:14 AM
Yep, just installed. The game ran several seconds before dying if you'd bother reading the OP.

baronvongogo
05-17-2011, 03:17 AM
I notice your in the options window did you happen to click fullscreen? I get this error when I try and enable fullscreen mode.

I have found I can edit my keys, etc as long as I dont click on windowed or fullscreen mode it wont crash.

although at present it means im forced to play it in windowed mode due to this issue.

Pumpkin_Masher
Mine does this on 64 bit windows 7 if I try to change any settings.

If I just play it works fine, only the settings menu makes that happen.

Coeco
I didn't click full-screen. Peaked into the options, went back without changing anything and boom.

VengZ
05-17-2011, 03:20 AM
Yep, just installed. The game ran several seconds before dying if you'd bother reading the OP.

How would I know how long it takes before it crashes even with all that installed? I don't get that error :P
But you're the first I've seen complain about this. So yes... It sure is quality indie. You just got a sucky comp? :P

supcom
05-17-2011, 03:25 AM
so? just start the game again, happens 1 out of 5 times or something like that, nothing big.

if you get past that it never crashes :D

Coeco
05-17-2011, 03:26 AM
If you'd bother asking me technical questions regarding required software, I would presume that you also knew the symptoms of having it, but since you didn't know I take it that you don't know anything else of the other stuff you're gonna ask so kthx.

And you obviously didn't look hard enough seeing people are already reporting the same issue in my thread.

Kiir
05-17-2011, 03:27 AM
A lot of people have been having the "back" from options crash thing, which I find strange. They can still play the game hunky dory though.

viiral
05-17-2011, 03:36 AM
Dont touch the options.. you dont need to change anything.

Game works just fine.

Kiir
05-17-2011, 03:38 AM
The only thing really in the options is fullscreen, pointer color, and sound.

poo
05-17-2011, 03:42 AM
same thign happened to me. I just restarted the game and it worked :/

Apocaliptica
05-17-2011, 03:52 AM
1. Start a new game first and THEN enter the options
2. if game crashes while generating, retart it
3. load your generated world or create a new one
4. works!!!

p5ychokilla
05-17-2011, 03:53 AM
Good luck getting help Mr. Attitude.

RockemSockem
05-17-2011, 04:17 AM
This game wasn't even supposed to be released yet, the devs decided to because people begged them.

Coeco
05-17-2011, 04:22 AM
Good luck getting help Mr. Attitude.

Good luck calling me "Mr. Attitude" without any retrospect to what you find unfitting.

Guess that makes you a troll buddy.

shadowlord01
05-17-2011, 04:23 AM
The solution to this crash is to create a new directory in your My Doucments/My games called Terraria (e.g My Documents/My Games/Terraria)

That way you can change your controls / sound / whatever

Coeco
05-17-2011, 04:24 AM
Oh look, someone who posted something helpful instead of flaming the OP after 400+ views and 14 replies.

Rep+

ArucardT
05-17-2011, 04:29 AM
There's also suggestions using alt+enter for fullscreen works, if that makes any difference to you. (didn't know the settings were in My games though, that's helpful)

But yeah, a lot of reports about settings crashes, seemed to fix itself for me though.

Cubia
05-17-2011, 05:47 AM
Oh look, someone who posted something helpful instead of flaming the OP after 400+ views and 14 replies.

Rep+

You know, if you didnt act like such a total and complete ♥♥♥, you might actually GET more help.

It's called "being polite". It helps.

And yes, I know, you'll probably come up with some "witty" and "burning" response to this, note the quotes there.

Will anyone bother to read it? Probably not. Congrats in advance, then, for accomplishing exactly nothing.

Normally I like to try to help people with stuff like this in forums for games I play, but you, I will merely ignore...

TaviO!
05-17-2011, 06:31 AM
Someone please take the finger out of OP's ♥♥♥.

guthan333911
05-17-2011, 07:07 AM
1. Start Game

2. Don't mess with any options, especially full screen

3. Press Single Player

4. Create Character. Am I going to fast for you, OP?

5. Make world

6. Play

7. If it crashes after following these steps, your computer either cannot handle this state-of-the-art high tech resource whoring beast of a game, or you're a moron.

Edit: I forgot the most important step! Step 0.5: Run as Admin

Coeco
05-17-2011, 07:38 AM
You know, if you didnt act like such a total and complete ♥♥♥, you might actually GET more help.

It's called "being polite". It helps.

Someone please take the finger out of OP's ♥♥♥.

All i see is you two whining about my ability to be "Polite" yet I don't see any kind of reference as to what.

If you want me to elephant-in-a-room someone who asks for information which he/she doesn't know how to use and still asks repeatedly for more bull, then no. I will not give that person the information he/she cannot use and I will tell him/her why.

If you think that my lack of Ignorance is "Impolite" i can kindly tell you that you're either a f*ckt@rd or a troll and you should gtfo off this thread if you do not like on what you read to begin with.

Thanks.

Kalcoholic
05-17-2011, 09:18 AM
1. Start a new game first and THEN enter the options
2. if game crashes while generating, retart it
3. load your generated world or create a new one
4. works!!!

this worked now i can turn off musci etc.

if i knew how to + rep i would +rep so har right now.

Cloakedboltz
05-17-2011, 09:27 AM
It's not written on the game page but the game is pretty much still in beta.