PDA

View Full Version : New NPC idea

TaviO!
05-17-2011, 08:30 PM
I don't know if this has already been suggested, but I've come up with an idea for a new npc: the quest giver.
The quest giver would appear in your house like all the other npcs, maybe right in the begining like the guide. This guy would give you quests like "go to some place and bring me something" and reward you with coins/items. Maybe there could be some scripted events to make it more interesting, like spawning a boss somewhere after the quest had been accepted.
What do you guys think?

mexicanspice916
05-17-2011, 09:01 PM
I personally like that idea a lot! It's such an addicting game already, but I think optional quests would add so much more fun! :D Completing the quest could give an item award or exp, which could introduce a leveling up system, which I personally would LOVE!!

TaviO!
05-18-2011, 04:50 AM
I like the experience points ideia!
Also, I think it would be cool if we could decide which npc would occupy which room like by putting an specific item in it.

uksimj
05-18-2011, 05:31 AM
This idea gets my vote.

SuperNoble
05-18-2011, 06:10 AM
He should come after you have killed x amount of x enemy or x amount of all enemies.
Or x amount of specific enemies.

Robintheking
05-18-2011, 06:34 AM
Bump Bumpity bump bump:D:D

kreafan
05-19-2011, 05:01 PM
Random quests, simple and hard.

For example:
1)Destroy N only dirt/stoen/clay/etc blocks, not touching any other blocks (if you touch another type of block, the quest is failed.)
2)Kill only N slimes/skeletons/etc, not killing other enemies.
3)Kill the certain boss.
4)Visit layer X while the timer isn't over.
5)Jump N*1000 times.

Quests are like an achievements. Also, having list of completed quests would be good, then, too.

SuperNoble
05-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Random quests, simple and hard.

For example:
1)Destroy N only dirt/stoen/clay/etc blocks, not touching any other blocks (if you touch another type of block, the quest is failed.)
2)Kill only N slimes/skeletons/etc, not killing other enemies.
3)Kill the certain boss.
4)Visit layer X while the timer isn't over.
5)Jump N*1000 times.

Quests are like an achievements. Also, having list of completed quests would be good, then, too.

6) Go to the very bottom of the dungeon and get back.

BTW they should add a sign at the bottom and a safe zone, the sign saying "The Bottom Inn" where you could get a lot of different items to put in your house.