PDA

View Full Version : An eye of Chuthlu just appeared out of nowhere.

Cloakedboltz
05-18-2011, 07:47 AM
I'm positive I was in single player and did not use the summon item.

I did get a message "Something evil is staring at you" three times before but this is the first time something lunges at me unexpectedly.

I barely managed to kill and got some ores in the process, but not enough to make anything cool.

0v3rk1ll
05-18-2011, 07:55 AM
did you kill eyes? because demon eyes have a 4% chance to summon a eye of chuthlu

Phrosen
05-18-2011, 08:23 AM
I just got the warning message once before it attacked.

hegemege
05-18-2011, 08:30 AM
They are damn hard to kill, you first have to wait it to spawn and when it reaches 1500 HP, it goes to the rage mode. You can get yourself easily killed if you don't have health potions(the better ones) and good armour. I once ran out of time and it despawned...

0v3rk1ll
05-18-2011, 08:33 AM
ive killed 3 of them... they are baddass i use my ball of hurt and grapple

moonracer1313
05-18-2011, 08:44 AM
Yeah, they keep spawning on me. I've yet to defeat it. Good to know that eyes cause it to spawn.

Cloakedboltz
05-18-2011, 08:48 AM
I just spammed my enchanted boomerang at it, while fighting on the roof of my house. I chugged down at least 12 lesser potions.

Phrosen
05-18-2011, 10:27 AM
did you kill eyes? because demon eyes have a 4% chance to summon a eye of chuthlu

4% chance sounds like a lot. -That means for every 100 demon eyes I kill, 4 eye of Chuthlu spawns!
In maybe 10-12 hours of gameplay I've only stumbled across one so far.

I believe it spawns in certain random caves - after sending that warning message.

SubGumn
05-18-2011, 11:24 AM
Hehe, awesome!
2 of my friends and I have killed about 7 of them as a group.
The demonite ore you can get from them crafts some awesome stuff, so it's totally worth killing em if you can. Much easier in a group of course.

sirflimflam
05-18-2011, 11:54 AM
I'm getting kind of tired of these things spawning to be honest. It pretty much ruins my nighttimes because I'm rarely actually prepared for it. Though I don't kill eyes to make them spawn; they seemingly just spawn. Sometimes I'll be down in caves and see the warning message that it's going to appear. To be honest, demon eyes are SO COMMON, that you can't just not kill them. You shouldn't have to run away from weak common enemies because every time they're killed a boss might be spawned.

I think bosses should go back to being explicitly spawned.

Devourerer or Worlds or whatever the worm boss is, is also spawned through weird means. I shattered a shadow orb and it spawned one in my home, practically miles away from me where my friend was. He was just learning the game, and got destroyed repeatedly while all my npcs were brutally killed.

I really hope they take these spawn systems out and put it back to explicitly spawning bosses.