PDA

View Full Version : Zombies and doors

Phrosen
05-18-2011, 10:37 AM
Hi.

When I played Terraria for the very first time I was attacked by zombies during the night (just like everyone else, I reckon.) Well, I finally got a house built, and I locked myself up during the night. The zombies came a-knocking, but they couldn't come in.
I was so happy in my wonderful, slightly crooked house! (This was on a small world map.)

I then decided; "I am awesome, moving on to a large world map!", I built a sturdy home early and locked myself up.
The zombies came a-knocking.. and suddenly the door burst open!

Now I'm wondering if anyone knows why the door sometimes can't stand the pressure?
Is it because of the red moon thing? Or is it just enough zombies?
Does the door have "hitpoints" - will it open to a sinlge zombie if it could stand and knock on it long enough?

It seems kinda random to me.
It also plays hell on my townspeople who are too weak to defend themselves and too stupid to hide in my basement. =(

Thanks in advance. =)

Die_Angel
05-18-2011, 10:41 AM
i's the blood moon, it let zombies open doors

Einherjah
05-18-2011, 10:41 AM
It's cause of the Blood moon, in this event zombies open doors.

DIENER
05-18-2011, 10:42 AM
When it is Blood moon zombies can open doors.

Phrosen
05-18-2011, 10:44 AM
I see.
So they can't open them under any circumstance UNLESS it's the Blood Moon, correct?

Chetyre
05-18-2011, 10:46 AM
The best solution is to place on dirt block on the inside of your door, like this: http://i.imgur.com/S5EAB.png

This way zombies can't break open your doors, and it also means that your npcs won't open up your doors and let in a ton of monsters.

edit: and yes, you are correct that zombies can only open doors on blood moon...but npcs can and will open doors at night so you need to be careful unless you block the door.

SuperNoble
05-18-2011, 10:47 AM
I see.
So they can't open them under any circumstance UNLESS it's the Blood Moon, correct?

Yup.
Unless you meet the hacker zombies. If only they existed.

Phrosen
05-18-2011, 10:48 AM
Gotcha.
Cheers guys!

The best solution is to place on dirt block on the inside of your door, like this: http://i.imgur.com/S5EAB.png

This way zombies can't break open your doors, and it also means that your npcs won't open up your doors and let in a ton of monsters.

That's a neat trick. =)