PDA

View Full Version : multiplayer questions

spartan0078
05-18-2011, 11:35 AM
Just a few questions about multiplayer if anyone can answer.

Is there open servers that anyone can play on that are 24/7?

Can my singleplayer game join them and does he keep his inventory items and can i bring items back from mp to sp i find?

Is there ingame chat or do i need vent or a chat program. And whats this games badwidth usage like? I dont have a fantastic connection but it gets the job done

Cedwick
05-18-2011, 11:41 AM
I'm not sure about any 24 hour servers but you can chat in multiplayer by pressing 'Enter'. Also your items on your character stay on your character no matter what map you're loading into, even multiplayer maps.

Tekkor
05-18-2011, 11:42 AM
Yes your toons you make can join between single player and multiple multiplayer servers.

There is no server list that I have seen unless there is something on the main site. So you sorta need to maybe go on the forums there and see if anyone has an open server or else play with someone you know as I would guess many servers are pswd protected. People dont want some doof logging in at the middle of the night and destroying everything that they have built with thier friends.

I am running a multiplayer server with some friends. Last night we had like 4 of us playing. I have a crappy 1.5 mb connection. Nobody was lagging or having any issues.

spartan0078
05-18-2011, 12:05 PM
K thanks for the answers, i really need to expand my friends list lol ive told everyone i know about this game and no ones even slightly interested.... same old "its just 2d minecraft" bs response :(