PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Metal Drift Sale Yet!! 66% off! Thursday, 24 hours only!

Electronaut
05-18-2011, 02:43 PM
Quick heads up to everyone. We'll be featured on the front page of steam for their daily deal.

Should be some big games going on tomorrow and Friday. I look forward to seeing some old faces in there blowing me up.

If you ever wanted to get a friend in, tomorrow will be the time to do it. Sale is 24 hours only!!

BeefThief
05-18-2011, 03:26 PM
Huzzah!

Big-Al
05-19-2011, 11:13 AM
so, is this tumble weed worth it?

ozgeek
05-19-2011, 11:37 AM
It's a bit like TF2 but in hover vehicles.

Personally the vehicles sucked. I'd rather be in 3rd person view than first person view.
Hard to tell where the vehicle is pointing and can't see where I'm going. Going over everywhere.

Joshyjess
05-19-2011, 11:47 AM
If I'm a noob at this game, and I play MP, will I pretty much get my butt kicked all over the place?
Is there a SP mode on which you can practice?

Rahab_mx
05-19-2011, 01:29 PM
can we play on offline LAN mode?

BeefThief
05-19-2011, 01:34 PM
so, is this tumble weed worth it?
It's definitely worth the usual $10. So $3 is a complete steal.

It's a bit like TF2 but in hover vehicles.

Personally the vehicles sucked. I'd rather be in 3rd person view than first person view.
Hard to tell where the vehicle is pointing and can't see where I'm going. Going over everywhere.
There was a third person mode a while back, but it was buggy and it just didn't work well with the game compared to the first-person view.

If I'm a noob at this game, and I play MP, will I pretty much get my butt kicked all over the place?
Is there a SP mode on which you can practice?
You can play your own game with bots. It will save all your stats as long as there are 4 or more bots playing.

can we play on offline LAN mode?
EDIT: It does.

LikuidKrystal
05-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Metal Drift does support LAN play, yes. There's a LAN button on the Join menu.

napalm900
05-19-2011, 02:01 PM
Bought this game in this last sale and been loving it since, bots are pretty intelligent and quite a challenge. It's real fun if you get a few mates to buy and go head to head against them.

I also hear there are open tournaments every week, once you feel you're good enough.

BeefThief
05-19-2011, 03:39 PM
Metal Drift does support LAN play, yes. There's a LAN button on the Join menu.
Oops, my bad -_-

Dark Cypher
05-26-2011, 07:15 AM
OK have i missed the boat? There is no one playing or have i got something set wrong?
:eek:

Electronaut
05-26-2011, 12:21 PM
The initial frenzy has leveled out, but I'm still seeing big games frequently. Most of the traffic is in the U.S. good time to check in is -8 GMT or 6pm PST.