PDA

View Full Version : How active?

taKer
05-19-2011, 09:14 PM
Hi, I was wondering how active Red Orchestra is these days and if it is worth purchasing.

I live on the east coast of canada and was wondering if there would be any decent servers for me.

oldslowguy
05-20-2011, 12:56 AM
At only $10 now, Red Orchestra is a fantastic deal. I suggest you look through these forums for similar posts to yours, as well as the Tripwire Interactive forums and judge for yourself. RO is of course "past it's prime" numbers wise, but there are still many active players. We have a US server, TWB's Old Glory, as well as several other US servers, however some play 24/7 certain maps, (not my cup of tea!) Also, there are several European servers, and RO is quite playable at pings arround or even over 200. Oh, and don't forget, the FREE mod Darkest Hour. Hope to see you soon, TWB*SlowBull

smokeythebear
05-20-2011, 01:25 AM
The main NA server is in Atlanta so you might want to check your connection to it first. The best way is to ping the heroes of Stalingrad site since it's in the same room with the 50 player server in tripwire HQ.

If its ~100-200 that's actually fine for smooth game play.

To ping it (start menu > run >type 'cmd' then ok > type "ping www.heroesofstalingrad.com" then hit enter)

The site appears to be down atm though.

trench
06-01-2011, 06:47 PM
I am in ATL and ply Euro servers - great game - nothing to lose.
Couple of full servers at a minimum every night.

Cense
06-02-2011, 09:09 AM
I just bought the game with the same worry, but I have found servers to play on most of the time. Theres not many ACTIVE servers, but the ones that are active have a good ammount of people on them.