PDA

View Full Version : where to input preorder cd key

Washout
05-20-2011, 12:22 AM
where do I input the pre-order Key.
I got the game up and running but I am not getting the extra material :confused:

moichumoi
05-20-2011, 12:33 AM
in the game press ''home'' on your keyboard after on top left click your profil (at the left of friend icon) there is an ''code'' button on the menu

Flaming_Death
05-20-2011, 03:15 PM
Nope ... not for me.

I opened the windows game thing with the Home key, clicked on my profile on the left and I have 4 options in the profile window:

View Games
Edit Gamer Profile
Join Live
Disable Auto Sign-In

Where the ♥♥♥♥ do I put the code? If they're going to tempt you with pre-order stuff they could at least make it obvious where you activate it.

---
Update:

Ah - so not quite so simple. Unlike another game where I could get by witht he annoying Games For Windows Live (when it's not calling itself windows live or xbox live) I can't get away with some token offline GfWL account and have to actually give Microsoft an email address, sign up for their 'service' and have my pre-order content locked to that - not to Steam or anything sane and simple like that.

*Then the code activation option appears.*

That's the sort of ♥♥♥♥ they should tell you up front. Exactly how many hoops am I going to have to jump through before you'll allow me the great privellege of giving me exactly what I paid for? Ten hoops you say? And smile while I do it?

FFS.

I thought the pre-order DLC was a "Steam Exclusive", ♥♥♥♥ed if I was told it was anything to do with Great festering Warty Lesions.

I thought Steam was all about keeping it simple.

papoutsi
05-21-2011, 03:45 AM
there should be on profile menu a Redeem Code button. thats where you add the serial key code with the pre order items, but for me after doing that i get an error on the download menu so i can't redeem any item.