PDA

View Full Version : A-10 Track Ir help

Miketransamkid
05-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Ok so i've been doing some reading on the natural point forums, saying to run the game in 32 bit. Which should be no biggie, I just got the game the other day, so looking thru the folder, i see a X86 folder which probably has a 32 bit exe in there. But when i go to run it, the game doesnt launch. The 2nd LED on my track ir camera lights up like it recongized it but then it quits or something.

So basically what im looking for is there a simple way to tell steam to launch a 32 bit client over the 64 so i can use my track ir?

TatsueN
05-24-2011, 09:38 AM
Clicking exes doesn't work, they need to be run in the correct directory.

I don't have the Steam version personally, but it should be able to run just fine with a normal windows shortcut or a manually inserted shortcut into Steam. The shortcut should have the following parameters (doublecheck path to ensure it is correct for your system/language etc):

Target: "C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DCS A-10C Warthog\bin\x86\Launcher.exe"
Start in: "C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DCS A-10C Warthog"

However, you should not need the 32-bit to use TrackIR. There is a 64-bit version of the TrackIR software available. 32-bit usage was only required earlier, during the open beta of A-10C.

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/06-support/support-download-software-and-manuals.html

Open the version alert and you'll find versions 5.1 beta 2+ or 4.1.038 beta 3+ of TrackIR software recommended for 64-bit games. It does however appear that the 5.1 software has left beta, so the 5.1.3 you have on that page should work.

robbc00
06-03-2011, 01:06 AM
I didn't have to do anything, Track IR just worked with both A-10 and Black Shark.
Using 64Bit Win 7 and 5.1.200 software