PDA

View Full Version : Divinity 2 vs The Dragon Knight Saga

Losse
05-24-2011, 09:56 AM
Whats the difference?

If i have divinity 2 can i upgrade cheaper to The Dragon Knight Saga?

timeframe
05-24-2011, 11:50 AM
Div2(Ego Draconis) is the base game, and patched up a bit. It was released quickly as Larian was running out of money, and the story has a bit of an abrupt unsatisfying ending.

Div2: DKS is the base game, plus the expansion which finishes the story, plus about a years worth of work overhauling the game beyond what they could do with a patch. It's more of a second chance release than anything they could do with a patch.

I think you can buy the expansion separately on non-steam versions, but not for the steam version.

TheoS_89
05-24-2011, 12:08 PM
If you don't have any of them yet, get DKS. No need to get the first one alone.

Losse
05-24-2011, 04:06 PM
Well, i have the first one but i did find it buggy and wierd. Like the movement running around was wierd. I had played about 15 hours but lost my saves in a hd crash.

I would be willing to pay to buy the whole thing again if its that much better? You say the patch didnt fix all the issues in the initial launch?

Side note, what a pathetic launch but i guess it happens the best of them.

TheoS_89
05-25-2011, 05:51 AM
DKS is a "new game", you don't patch the original one, you get it ported into an overhauled engine. I played it and I didn't encounter a single bug or glitch. The addon has even more diverse quests, but the movement is still ... let's say "individual" :D.
I really enjoyed the overall experience and if you liked Ego Draconis at least a bit, you'll definitely like this one.

Losse
05-25-2011, 07:20 AM
Cool, i'll pick it up next time it goes for atleast 50% off.