PDA

View Full Version : Think there will be a bigger discount during the summer sale? Yes, I am cheap :(.

TheInsaneDump
05-24-2011, 09:06 PM
I'm on the fence about purchasing the entire series. I understand that $17 bucks really isn't much, but if waiting a few weeks nets a bigger discount, it'll be worth the wait.

What do you think? Do you believe Sam & Max will be discounted again during the summer sale? Possibly for a bigger discount?

Cunin
05-24-2011, 10:29 PM
Sam & Max are always worth, but I do understand that not everyone is full of money to spend on games.
I waited for this sale myself, and it was an insta-buy for me.
It's like $1 for each episode, you can't go wrong :)

Tinker_Jet
05-24-2011, 11:28 PM
Being cheap myself, I'd wait for another sale... But the problem is that I've played Sam and Max... And the game certainly is worth a pretty penny if you enjoy that sort of genre. >__< Yes, I'm on the fence too in regards to what to tell ya.

Frankly, Sam and Max would likely only see a more significant sale around Christmas. I've never seen them on sale for 75% off at any other given point. (I bought the games at Christmas myself. I still spent $30 on the whole series. No regrets. If I had waited, I literally would've been waiting another four-five months for a decent sale.) Knowing that Sam and Max is Telltale Games' bread and butter, they likely don't need their sales to be anymore extensive than today's.... Just due to the sheer size of their fan-base. (Although with that said, the game DOES go on sale a few times a year. I believe it was on sale around 4 times since I first joined Steam in 2009. Most of the time, it's 33% off. That doesn't include today, however.)

If you really aren't sure about the game at all then I suggest that you download episode four: Abe Lincoln Must Die! It's absolutely free and features a fancy little musical number. (The episode might be a tad confusing since the whole series does follow a story line... but it will at least give you an idea of the characters' personalities and the environment that you are going to play in. In the end, if you don't like it, who cares? It's free.)

Tilduke
05-25-2011, 04:07 AM
Seriously. They are usually ~$95 at full price. ~$17 is a complete bargain. Sure they may get cheaper at some stage but that could be a long way off for maybe a $5 saving.