PDA

View Full Version : Why is Brink compared to TF2 all the time?

Saint Stunna
05-25-2011, 11:51 AM
I don't get it, so please explain it to me TF2 overlords!:confused:

I think it should be compared to W:ET instead and to be honest if we go this route, TF2 should be compared to W:ET too, since W:ET is by far the better game.

emoron
05-25-2011, 11:58 AM
The map graphics are very similar, more so in the trailers, and the Classes are EXACTLY the same. Even the Engi torrent (SG) and spies, HW (Heavy) with railgun, etc.

More people play TF2 then ET so more people will a associate Brink with TF2.

P.S.If everything was done by Valve and just mod TF2 on there engine, BRINK would have been a 9/10 game.

Lemming Jesus
05-25-2011, 12:29 PM
The map graphics are very similar, more so in the trailers, and the Classes are EXACTLY the same. Even the Engi torrent

This is where I stopped reading, but I should have stopped when you said the classes were EXACTLY the same.

Insano-Man
05-25-2011, 12:30 PM
I was unaware that engineers were software pirates.

edge2528
05-25-2011, 12:34 PM
becuase TF2 is the benchmark they failed the reach

edge2528
05-25-2011, 12:35 PM

stupid then aint ya

inkubus
05-25-2011, 12:41 PM
Because no one ever knows what they are talking about.

justinleal84
05-25-2011, 03:53 PM
Because everyone wants the id / quake sequel to QTF.

/shrug

Fruitynuts
05-25-2011, 04:05 PM
Because everyone wants the id / quake sequel to QTF.

/shrug

Not for me, i would much prefer a W:ET done properly in that, exactly the same with spangly graphics :)

plastik892
05-25-2011, 04:09 PM

I think it should be compared to W:ET instead and to be honest if we go this route, TF2 should be compared to W:ET too, since W:ET is by far the better game.

If nothing else the pace and spongy damage is similar.

Fraxxxi
05-25-2011, 04:16 PM
took me far too long to get that one.

Link-To-This
05-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Hats

/thread

Jack O'Mally
05-25-2011, 06:10 PM
TF2 is a successful (Financially and popularity) game using class-based combat in a FPS. Brink is a class-based shooter as well. It's one of those inevitabilities. If someone made a movie about samurais who use lasers in place of katanas fighting in space, would you make up a fancy word for it or compare it to Star Wars?

Me2nice
05-25-2011, 06:15 PM
Hats

/thread

ThisThisThisThisThisThisThisThisThisThisThisThisTh isThisThisThis

Iconoclast XVII
05-25-2011, 06:54 PM
Most people know what TF2 is, like Call of Duty, Halo, etc. And most of them, especially the console players, dunno what Enemy Territory was.

Breach had classes, breach had about the same game types as TF2, and Breach had unlocks, but you never see it compared to TF2. Go figure.

WiLLmaTiC
05-25-2011, 10:07 PM
This is the current FPS comparison chart (i think)
IF its a class based shooter: compare to TF2
IF its a "realistic" shooter with ADS and such: compare to CoD

unfortunately Brink gets compared to both

SuperHappyCow
05-26-2011, 05:19 AM
The map graphics are very similar, more so in the trailers

They're actually...a lot less similar in the trailers. Closer to Quake 4 or other dark games.

And how are classes exactly the same?

Sniper Heavy, Demo Man, Soldier, Medic, Engineer, Spy, Heavy, pyro, scout...

Soldier, Medic, Engineer, Operative. + Weapon combinations + Weight level combinations.

They are entirely different games..

Ilsyde
05-26-2011, 05:32 AM
You can't really compare Brink to anything else if you only played mainstream games.
These people think that CoD and TF2 are the bee's knees, the pinnacles of class based and regular shooters :P

Crankeye
05-26-2011, 06:10 AM

ohhh I dont know...
lets see

TF2 was first
soldier, medic, engineer(turret), spy/operative...all doing the same thing

Saint Stunna
05-26-2011, 08:05 AM
ohhh I dont know...
lets see

TF2 was first
soldier, medic, engineer(turret), spy/operative...all doing the same thing

Oh lets see

W:ET was before TF2

Iconoclast XVII
05-26-2011, 08:13 AM
Oh lets see

W:ET was before TF2

Even ET:QW was before TF2.

Saint Stunna
05-26-2011, 08:24 AM
Even ET:QW was before TF2.

And both W:ET and ET:QW were hands down, Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious 1000 times better than silly TF2. Made by Bethesda. This is why i don't understand why bother comparing to TF2 like it was the first to come up with team based MP. It was a ♥♥♥♥ game btw, no offence.

DoubleFloat
05-26-2011, 09:34 AM
And the original Team Fortress was there before W:ET and ET:QW...
But that's no cause to compare these two games. They ARE different.
In my opinion Brink is more comparable to games like Quake and it's sequels if you want to name something apart from W:ET and ET:QW.

Billshere
05-26-2011, 10:40 AM
And the original Team Fortress was there before W:ET and ET:QW...
But that's no cause to compare these two games. They ARE different.
In my opinion Brink is more comparable to games like Quake and it's sequels if you want to name something apart from W:ET and ET:QW.

And Wolfenstein 3D was before the original Team Fortress. Highly different than the mp focused W:ET, but just saying.

DoubleFloat
05-26-2011, 11:30 AM
And Wolfenstein 3D was before the original Team Fortress. Highly different than the mp focused W:ET, but just saying.

I mentioned Team Fortress just for the reference to team-based gameplay. Can't remember anything like that in Wolfenstein 3D, apart from Deathmatch maybe.

Billshere
05-26-2011, 11:32 AM
I mentioned Team Fortress just for the reference to team-based gameplay. Can't remember anything like that in Wolfenstein 3D, apart from Deathmatch maybe.

I know. The two games don't really have much in common. Just saying the Wolfenstein name is pretty old.

Evil_Warhead
05-26-2011, 11:49 AM
It's everywhere the same..you see a character is able to build up a sentry turret everyone will say the game is tf2 like. even if it was in games before, but tf2 is just more popular . It's ok because developers can't create something new, I understand that not whinnig about this, but I'm mad if people don't use the brain and compare the games in a wrong way so other people think that too maybe because of their low age and trolling everywhere..

m4droxXx
05-26-2011, 11:57 AM
The map graphics are very similar, more so in the trailers, and the Classes are EXACTLY the same. Even the Engi torrent (SG) and spies, HW (Heavy) with railgun, etc.
lol the classes are EXACTLY the same?
now im sure you haven't even played brink and you're just bashing the game like the other trolls out there. thx for making it very clear :)

emoron
05-27-2011, 10:53 AM
lol the classes are EXACTLY the same?
now im sure you haven't even played brink and you're just bashing the game like the other trolls out there. thx for making it very clear :)

THE NAMES OF THE CLASSES ARE THE SAME, OR BASED THE SAME WAY.

Medic, soldier, spy, Heavy,

I hope they add Demolition man, Torch wood, and little Sprint in the DLC.

murtle76
05-27-2011, 11:00 AM
THE NAMES OF THE CLASSES ARE THE SAME, OR BASED THE SAME WAY.

Medic, soldier, spy, Heavy,

I hope they add Demolition man, Torch wood, and little Sprint in the DLC.

here's another one who hasn't even played

lmao

ehi
05-27-2011, 01:16 PM

Because brink tried to be a really "customizable" multiplayer game, like TF2, except failed miserably. I want my money back.

Cogeneration
05-27-2011, 01:18 PM
I have 300,000 hours in TF2 and I can tell you the only thing it has over Brink is 'comedy'.

TF2 has audio bugs, graphic bugs, crashes, weapon/class unbalance, etc etc . . .

It's a great game for one simple reason: the comedy

RaranTroff
05-27-2011, 01:38 PM
Honestly TF2 is crap now and BRINK is a way better game. If you need to know why just look at how all of the hats, weapon drops, crates, keys, crafting, and man co have turned TF2 into total ♥♥♥♥.

So its not fair to even compare the two, one is a FPS (BRINK), the other is a wanna be mmo that just happens to have shooting in it (TF2).

Metro
05-27-2011, 03:18 PM
Honestly TF2 is crap now and BRINK is a way better game. If you need to know why just look at how all of the hats, weapon drops, crates, keys, crafting, and man co have turned TF2 into total ♥♥♥♥.

So its not fair to even compare the two, one is a FPS (BRINK), the other is a wanna be mmo that just happens to have shooting in it (TF2).

I know you're trying to cool on the forums by dissing hats and stuff but the reality is TF2 is a far more balanced and well developed game than Brink.

DoubleFloat
05-27-2011, 04:48 PM
I have played both games to an extinct, as far as this is possible since Brink's release one week ago, and I can tell you just one thing:
They're different, just don't compare them!

emoron
05-27-2011, 04:55 PM
I have 300,000 hours in TF2 and I can tell you the only thing it has over Brink is 'comedy'.

TF2 has audio bugs, graphic bugs, crashes, weapon/class unbalance, etc etc . . .

It's a great game for one simple reason: the comedy

Audio, bug, graphic bug, crashesss???? Why are you lying? If this is true, I haven't seen one.

My main complaint with TF2 is all the hats, and load out ♥♥♥♥, AND PEOPLE ASKING ME TO TRADE! I just want to play man not here to make trades.

Im a TFC vet, so I'll never understand TF2.

No grenades?? LOL

murtle76
05-27-2011, 04:59 PM
Audio, bug, graphic bug, crashesss???? Why are you lying? If this is true, I haven't seen one.

My main complaint with TF2 is all the hats, and load out ♥♥♥♥, AND PEOPLE ASKING ME TO TRADE! I just want to play man not here to make trades.

Im a TFC vet, so I'll never understand TF2.

No grenades?? LOL

i love how in every post if you don't agree with someone there automatically lying
ive had the same tech problems with tf2 as well
guess im lying too?

i love how you totally have bashed this game full time every day for for 2 weeks straight

WE GET IT YOU DON'T LIKE IT

MOVE ON

Mosc81
05-27-2011, 05:03 PM
Both Brink and TF2 are great games with different takes on objective style gameplay. It's ok to like both of them.

But when talking about Team Fortress, i like TFC over TF2. I loved playing Spy in TFC but for some reason i can't get into the Spy in TF2.

emoron
05-27-2011, 05:05 PM
i love how in every post if you don't agree with someone there automatically lying
ive had the same tech problems with tf2 as well
guess im lying too?

i love how you totally have bashed this game full time every day for for 2 weeks straight

WE GET IT YOU DON'T LIKE IT

MOVE ON

Sure, But by the luck of God, Brink runs smooth as silk for you.. LOL

Saint Stunna
05-28-2011, 12:16 AM
Sure, But by the luck of God, Brink runs smooth as silk for you.. LOL

E-moron, seriously dude give it a rest already. I know you have hard time sleeping at nights knowing i run it at 140fps maxed out and you can't do it because your poor. Such is life. You are poor and i am rich. It would be of great mental help for you to go out and acquire loot instead of repeating yourself here where you constantly make an ♥♥♥ out of yourself. It's not healthy bro. It will only destroy your self-esteem no matter how much of a pro troll you think you are.

Have a nice weekend dude.