PDA

View Full Version : Why is this game lagging for me in multiplayer?

thaoval
05-25-2011, 11:21 AM
Hi.

I just bought TM star edition because twas on sale, when I played the game when it was free I played on that COS/Fullspeed server, so I joined that because it usually has loads of people on it and I love watching all those cars (I set it to render all cars there).. and my game laggs (see specs youll see why im disappointed abit) :( I tried tweaking the options allot but Im not happy with the fps.

I have a
core i7 920 @ 4GHz
6GB ram
Ati 6950

Anyone with similar specs recommend settings for me? I really cant be bothered to tweak everything all day.

Thanks.

Jasper_
05-25-2011, 11:23 AM
Lag or low fps?

thaoval
05-25-2011, 11:24 AM
low fps.

picchioabbio
05-26-2011, 04:20 PM
low fps.

It happens the same to me.
When I start the game it has a very good framerate but just after the log in the framerate drops to unplayable (the spinning globe rotates extremely slowly)

I've a worser rig than you (E8500 3Gbs,5870 1Gb,W7 64bit) but I'm amazed that the same computer that runs nicely games like Mafia 2,Crysis Warhead or Metro 2033 can't do much more than 5 fps:confused: on this turd.

I've tried playing it on lowest settings even switched on safe mode. No framerate gain at all.

I've tried switching off my firewall (Online Armor) but nothing changed at all.

I hope it's not a driver issue .....I'm fine with CAT 11.2 with just anything else

picchioabbio
05-30-2011, 08:43 AM
Updated to Catalyst 11.5 ....still no performance improvement

Raftzard
06-07-2011, 12:06 PM
Hi there
I bought the game on the 75 off day And untill 2 days ago I had no problem. THEN this freakin lag happenned. Tried all that u all tried and nothing. I got a super rig too btw.

How come the game is fine for 2 or 3 weeks and then this happens? I changed OS (from 7 32 bit to 7 64 bit) cuz I had to do it sometime lol AND to test this lag. Still there after the change. I got all drives updated (checked 2 times).

One note: whenever I verify the integrity of file cache, one very small file is reacquired. But when I play after this the lag persists.
Seriously, Idk what else to do.
Thanks already for reading.

jaminscript
07-23-2011, 09:19 PM
I have the exact same issue. Most of the time the game runs at absolute max, and smooth as anything. But sometimes when I connect to a server it has a serious FPS problem. It's so bad and seems to jump between blocks of high and then extremely low FPS about 5 times a second.