PDA

View Full Version : Curious about controling creatures

zazabar
05-25-2011, 01:00 PM
I've heard quite a bit about this game being very similar to Dungeon Keeper. I remember well in Dungeon Keeper that you were able to control your imps or other creatures and manually do things such as fight or dig for gold.

It also had a first person perspective. I was curious if this game has the control option and if it does, is it in a first person perspective? Any helpful input is appreciated.:D

valacan
05-25-2011, 01:39 PM
This game is almost nothing like Dungeon Keeper, so you heard wrong.

You don't control creatures, they mull around where you first spawn them, and you can't go into any of your creatures. however, your avatar can go into First person perspective easily enough.

zazabar
05-25-2011, 05:13 PM
Gotcha. Thanks for the info.

Dethstar
06-25-2011, 04:04 PM
This game is almost nothing like Dungeon Keeper, so you heard wrong.

You don't control creatures, they mull around where you first spawn them, and you can't go into any of your creatures. however, your avatar can go into First person perspective easily enough.

Agree.

I was hoping for the creature control thing myself but no its not there.

The zoomed in first person view is a bit odd too. There is no roof so effectively it doesnt really feel like you in a first person mode in terms of adding some sort of immersion to the game. I used to use this alot in DK but not in Dungeons as it doesnt really generate the immersion factor I was hoping for.

I have learned to live with Dungeons (Although I havent ever got around to get all the way through yet) but I go back to it now and again when I am bored and find it ok. Acceptable but not great. I think my expectations were high and if I am honest I was hoping for a classic in the same sense DK was in its day.