PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 controls issue

undeadsee
05-26-2011, 05:05 AM
I started playing this game with the keyboard and soon realized it would be much easier with the xbox controller. So I shut down the game, turned on my controller and started the game back up.

I was impressed that the game dynamically changed the hint pictures to represent the xbox buttons, however I can not use [LT] to bring up the objectives/map - I have to instead reach over to my keyboard and hold [F]. The screen even prompts me to press [LT]...

Am I the only one having this issue? Is this a known issue? And if so, is there a fix? xD

I'm still playing through the game, its just annoying having to reach over to the keyboard to bring up the map each time while using the controller for everything else :/

midnitecarnival
05-26-2011, 05:15 AM
I haven't purchased the game yet but I was wondering if you tried the D2D demo before purchasing? The graphics are scrambled pixel mess on the demo and I'm hoping that the demo is just broken and that it isn't a reflection of the real game.

There were only two resolutions that I could choose from

As for the gamepad issue, I've got a Logitech which lets me map the keyboard and mouse to it - while they get this fixed you might want to look for a mapping program for the 360 controller through Google.

Kaese
05-26-2011, 07:13 AM
Reported this in the beta :(

undeadsee
05-27-2011, 07:20 PM
I haven't purchased the game yet but I was wondering if you tried the D2D demo before purchasing? The graphics are scrambled pixel mess on the demo and I'm hoping that the demo is just broken and that it isn't a reflection of the real game.

There were only two resolutions that I could choose from

As for the gamepad issue, I've got a Logitech which lets me map the keyboard and mouse to it - while they get this fixed you might want to look for a mapping program for the 360 controller through Google.

I did not play any demo before buying the game, I saw the game on steam, noticed it sounded like a spin off the awesome game Lost Vikings, watched TotalBiscuit's "WTF is" video and decided it was worth buying.

As far as I can tell there are no options to change the resolution in-game. The game runs in window mode.
You can maximize the window, however it just stretches and some-what pixelates the picture (resolution does not change)

I don't really want to run a separate program just to get the map key to work (especially on an xbox controller -the console this game originally came out on!!)

As I said I'll bare with it for now, but it is pretty annoying.

I'd also love a fullscreen (or borderless windowed) 1920x1080 option.

EDIT:
I have been looking around and found a seperate executable in the game folder "OogaSettings.exe". There is no mention of this when launching the game through steam (which I think should be changed). It allows you to chose between 1280x720 & 640x480 resolution and also whether or not to run in fullscreen mode.

Still would like a 1920x1080 resolution & borderless window mode.

Nevilock(BWG)
06-05-2011, 10:41 PM
So that everyone gets the news, I'm going to post this onto all of the threads reporting issues.

I appreciate you bringing these issues to light.

As an update, I would like to inform everyone that programmer we had assigned to Ancients of Ooga has quit and gone to another company before finishing the patch he was assigned to work on.

Sadly, this means that a patch will be even more delayed. I'm terribly sorry, and appreciate any understanding and patience you can offer.

Please know that we DO absolutely care about supporting this game, and everyone who has purchased it. We are an extremely small indie team and some of the issues are a bit larger than we had initially thought, but we will continue to drive toward resolving as many of these issues as we can as quickly as possible.

meldme
08-12-2011, 03:21 PM
So that everyone gets the news, I'm going to post this onto all of the threads reporting issues.

I appreciate you bringing these issues to light.

As an update, I would like to inform everyone that programmer we had assigned to Ancients of Ooga has quit and gone to another company before finishing the patch he was assigned to work on.

Sadly, this means that a patch will be even more delayed. I'm terribly sorry, and appreciate any understanding and patience you can offer.

Please know that we DO absolutely care about supporting this game, and everyone who has purchased it. We are an extremely small indie team and some of the issues are a bit larger than we had initially thought, but we will continue to drive toward resolving as many of these issues as we can as quickly as possible.

I am not trying to be funny with you mate, but there is absolutely no excuse for distributing a game (indie or otherwise) with the intention of at least suckling on the teat of mainstream media (i.e. Steam et al) and not have made allowances for a fullscreen mode on said game. I am writing a screenplay at the moment, my first, as it happens, but would not even dare to send out even a two-page treatment of it unless I was 100% satisfied with it. Stop making excuses, right the wrong and patch this thing up. Christ knows, even the crappest of games manages to somehow stretch the resolution from the bottom of the screen to the top.

Captain Jax
08-15-2011, 11:23 AM
meldme,

Ancients of Ooga does support full screen and always has since release. There were some difficulties with it in the beginning, but this was do to bugs, not a lack of support. Those bugs have since been fixed.