PDA

View Full Version : *new* DETOUR v1.2 Release! Feedback/Bugs here!

SNDZag1
05-26-2011, 10:18 PM
Hello DETOUR fans!

We've been hard at work getting things fixed up. Today (Monday, the 13th of June), a new update will roll out with the following fixes:

DETOUR v1.2 Patch Notes

- 28 Achievements have been added to DETOUR! You can view the full list of achievements here; http://www.sandswept.net/detour-achievements
- Truck Themes added! You can now stylize your trucks! Themes unlock when you acquire certain achievements. You can change your truck theme in the multiplayer lobby.
- GAME MECHANIC CHANGE: Building on a recently destroyed tile will now have a longer cooldown for the player who previously owned it. (4 second cooldown instead of 2 for every one else)
- Symmetry modes in the map editor are now correctly labeled
- Some memory usage has been decreased, we are no longer loading certain images in the background
- Wetlands water now displays properly
- Lobby ready signal should not longer be out of sync with clients and host
- Turrets now properly lock out at the max limit of 3
- Neutral turrets placed in map editor are now properly claimable in game
- Text chat dropshadow removed, no longer double stacked. Text chat should look much cleaner now.
- Trucks no longer treat tunnels like road when pathing, and will not longer remain stuck near turrets if there is another route.
- Party leader can no longer be changed in lobbies via menu option. Party leader only auto-switches to another player when host leaves the lobby.
- Character heads on Challenge screen are no longer too high on some resolutions.
- Merger mode has been removed until it functions as intended.
- Trucks to Win no longer carries over from singleplayer challenges to multiplayer lobbies (which was causing trucks to win default to be 3, instead of 10)
- Scanner Towers cost 5 credits down from 9.
- Police and Nail popped-tire announcements no longer claim you are the victim of the attack when you are not.
- Air turrets will no longer shoot down bombs of players on the same team.

Here's how you can give us feedback.

1) Post it here, or over at http://www.sandswept.net.

2) Don't be a jerk! Be polite about whatever feedback you're giving. Let's keep this friendly so we can get through the issues that we're bound to experience post-release.

3) Found a bug/crash/other? Use this form.
Issue: (Describe what happened/isn't happening)

Reproduction Steps: (If you know what they are, this helps us a lot, the more detailed the better!)

Expected: (What you think should be happening instead)

Computer Specs: (Optional, but it could always give us a bit more insight. Be sure to mention if it's a Laptop vs. a desktop PC. This does matter unfortunately.

4) Other issues and their short-term fixes:
- DETOUR does not minimize properly. We do not recommend alt+tabbing or minimizing DETOUR where it can be avoided, it will crash the game.

We have no further plans to update DETOUR past version 1.2, unless something incredibly pressing emerges. This does not mean we will discontinue support of the community and forums, or change our mind in the future! We're simply getting started on our next thing, and have only so many hands for code!

Thanks for being absolutely awesome with your playing and feedback! Pardon Our Dust!

SNDZag1
05-27-2011, 06:59 PM
We've also added a hotfix that prevented some kind of lockout when doing Survival/Turret Defense game modes. You should no longer run into that issue when that update rolls out, either tonight or tomorrow.

TimppaPro
05-29-2011, 12:40 AM
I am sorry to tell but this game is still unplayable in multiplayer.

Issue: Trucks not moving

Screenshot number one (http://steamcommunity.com/id/1337331337/screenshot/596938569406254494)

Another screenshot taken 20 seconds later, trucks are still at the same spot. And those aren't "dead", they just won't move. (http://steamcommunity.com/id/1337331337/screenshot/596938569406253637)

Expected: Trucks... Moving? There was a direct path to the goal area, they just did not move.

SNDZag1
05-29-2011, 07:26 PM
I am sorry to tell but this game is still unplayable in multiplayer.
That's a very general statement based off one instance of trucks not moving. If you had a screenshot with the minimap up, that would help a lot more (We can't see the whole layout there, like where the road connects to the end, so we have no idea what's wrong)

Your trucks can't go through your turret, so if your path is over the left-side bridge, that explains it. If you're connected over the middle bridge, or the right bridge, then either you never connected, or something is bugged. Again, we can't see the top end of the map there, so I can't really tell you what's wrong.

Edit:
I've basically reproduced this. The issue you're running into is that the road the trucks were on (the one with a turret in the path) was connected. If you simply disconnected it from the end of the map, they would take any other route. It's a small bug where trucks act as though turrets are passable (as they're part of the road) but they should really be viewed as a non-pathable tile.

We'll get this fixed, but in the meantime (and even after it's fixed), please remember that any connected road gets huge bias for truck pathing. If you have trucks you want taking another route, just delete the end of the road they're trapped on so it's no longer connected. That will immediately make them see the other connected roads as a much better choice. If you have multiple routes connected, they will take what they as the very quickest, but if you intentionally want them going another way, simple disconnect the quickest route.

That said, you have found a small, rather rare bug. Thanks for pointing it out. Any other case of truck pathing should work just fine.

DETOUR multiplayer is highly playable right now. We're also working on any lobby joining issues. If you have issues with not seeing players (I did see your other screenshots), simply have the invisible player exit the lobby and rejoin. We'll try to have that fixed soon.

Edit 2:
This issue has been corrected and will be in the next update you receive on Steam. Thanks!

SNDZag1
05-29-2011, 09:48 PM
We're getting some reports of a "String" exception error when trying to play a challenge or MP game, possibly having to do with having really obscure characters in your Steam display name. (Foreign characters, etc)

If anyone is encountering this issue, we'd love the error report on it so we can fix it for you! :D

gnoj
05-30-2011, 11:45 AM
It would be nice if there would be some button in turret mode, which would speed up the game:D

SNDZag1
05-30-2011, 03:30 PM
It would be nice if there would be some button in turret mode, which would speed up the game:D
I agree! Unfortunately, we didn't work much on turret defense mode. It was kind of a filler gametype we never got around to perfecting. We had some cool ideas for it we would've liked to do, but I don't see them getting implemented before lots of other things (and before it becomes worthwhile)

I'm glad you're mentioning turret defense. It looks like most of our issues have gotten worked out pretty nicely. We're working on achievements right now! :) They'll be in soon.

(Also; the bug TimppaPro mentioned is now fixed in the current steam build, so... Enjoy!)

PhiR
06-06-2011, 02:48 PM
I bought and played detour yesterday. I finished the tutorial challenges and got stuck at the first challenge of the second "series". Today when I started the game again the tutorial challenges where locked again!

SNDZag1
06-06-2011, 07:20 PM
I bought and played detour yesterday. I finished the tutorial challenges and got stuck at the first challenge of the second "series". Today when I started the game again the tutorial challenges where locked again!
Huh. Couple questions for you, if you could answer them your best...

When you say you got stuck, do you mean the game broke, or you just got stumped by the AI etc?

First challenge of the second series would be Challenge #4, or Challenge #10?

And then you restarted, and all your progress was gone? Is that what happened?

SNDZag1
06-06-2011, 09:19 PM
One of our latest releases appeared to have cleared some user profile data (challenges).

If any one else ran into this issue, we apologize profusely. It will be fixed in the next update on Steam. It was an issue with in-progress achievement implementation, when we rolled out another small bug fix update.

Small update of coolness;
DETOUR v1.2 is in the works, and we're currently testing achievements, along with a bunch of other stuff. Some of the fixes are already in, some are still in progress (like the achievements).

- 43 Achievements being added. You can view the full list of achievements here; http://www.sandswept.net/detour-achievements
- Symmetry modes in the map editor are now correctly labeled
- Some memory usage has been decreased, we are no longer loading certain images in the background
- Wetlands water now displays properly
- Lobby ready signal should not longer be out of sync with clients and host
- Turrets now properly lock out at the max limit of 3
- Neutral turrets placed in map editor are now properly claimable in game
- Text chat dropshadow removed, no longer double stacked. Text chat should look much cleaner now.
- Players in lobby should no longer be able to 'steal' party leader
- Trucks no longer treat tunnels like road when pathing, and will not longer remain stuck near turrets if there is another route.

TimppaPro
06-07-2011, 09:19 AM
I decided to try the game again today to see if it would work properly after the fixes. It is better, but still buggy as hell.

1) After I joined the lobby my friend invited me to, my chat refused to work (my messages didn't appear to the chat).

We played one round and it went pretty well. My friend had a minor bug (in case it is one), where he placed nails on my road, blew it up and then built his own road on that spot resulting to him nailing his own road.

2) We played a second round, it started well but soon we both crashed to the main menu. Nothing special happened at the time.

3) We tried to play a new game, but my server browser was stuck at the "Seaeching for avaible game sessions...". I tried to host but my friend wasn't able to join me either.

PhiR
06-07-2011, 02:06 PM
Huh. Couple questions for you, if you could answer them your best...

When you say you got stuck, do you mean the game broke, or you just got stumped by the AI etc?

First challenge of the second series would be Challenge #4, or Challenge #10?

And then you restarted, and all your progress was gone? Is that what happened?

I meant stuck by the 10th scenario. I gave up and figured I'd try again the next day.

So I started again from scratch today and noticed my key bindings were gone too (had to remap a bit because I use azerty). I guess the whole profile/preferences got reset. But I did a few tutorials and quit the game and now it seems that it's saved alright :)

PhiR
06-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Gosh I spoke too fast. I played until scenario 16 or 17 and then I quit the game. I restarted just to be sure and my progress is gone again. And my keyboard settings have vanished too!

SNDZag1
06-07-2011, 10:52 PM
I decided to try the game again today to see if it would work properly after the fixes. It is better, but still buggy as hell.

1) After I joined the lobby my friend invited me to, my chat refused to work (my messages didn't appear to the chat).

We played one round and it went pretty well. My friend had a minor bug (in case it is one), where he placed nails on my road, blew it up and then built his own road on that spot resulting to him nailing his own road.

2) We played a second round, it started well but soon we both crashed to the main menu. Nothing special happened at the time.

3) We tried to play a new game, but my server browser was stuck at the "Seaeching for avaible game sessions...". I tried to host but my friend wasn't able to join me either.
We actually found a bug that might be causing part of this (After you play/leave a game, NOT on the first try after booting up DETOUR.)

The issues you're referring to seem to happen (sometimes) after multiple games are played. Aside from some odd cases there, DETOUR works fine. You need to stop acting like it's horribly unplayable. It's just plain not.

Looking into the other issues too. PhiR, your user data shouldn't be clearing anymore... We checked that carefully.

If you get a crash, please post the error report. Thanks!

SNDZag1
06-07-2011, 11:47 PM
Rolling out a fix tonight for both some of the lobby connection issues and for the clearing of save settings and challenge progress. :) Expect an update tomorrow.

SNDZag1
06-14-2011, 03:45 AM
We are aware of a crash introduced in Patch 1.2, involving the mouse wheel and certain singleplayer challenges (and possibly other places)

We'll get a hotfix for this real quick here.

Flexscan
06-15-2011, 03:02 PM
I didnt play this game v1.0, due to key issue. Just now I played 1.2.1, key issue have solved, but truck can not see at challenge. Challenge 1, transparent truck is goal. :(

SNDZag1
06-16-2011, 04:26 PM
I didnt play this game v1.0, due to key issue. Just now I played 1.2.1, key issue have solved, but truck can not see at challenge. Challenge 1, transparent truck is goal. :(

Should be fixed now. v1.2.2

Flexscan
06-16-2011, 08:16 PM
Hi! Isuue is solved by v1.2.2. :)
Though, sometimes result screen is all zero. It's not everytime.

SNDZag1
06-17-2011, 06:43 PM
Glad to hear it's fixed! :)
Enjoy!

Moe45673
06-30-2011, 01:58 PM
This game looks mad fun but I'm a bit worried with all the bugs everyone is reporting. I am encouraged by you totally fixing them in almost realtime as they're reported.

At 5 bucks I almost pulled the trigger but I'm going to hold off a bit and see if it gets any cheaper during the Summer sale. As a starving student, I want to buy as many games as I can and so far I've only bought one at $2.50.

Still, I will probably own this by the end of the summer sale. It's on my wishlist!

SNDZag1
07-02-2011, 03:47 AM
This game looks mad fun but I'm a bit worried with all the bugs everyone is reporting. I am encouraged by you totally fixing them in almost realtime as they're reported.
Hey Moe,
Let's see if I can ease your worries...

The majority (if not all) of the crucial bugs you've seen reported have been fixed, so you are looking at the forums here in a past-tense.

I'd say it's pretty awesome and bug free to the point where it wouldn't destroy your experience. :) No need to worry there!

We'll be totally open and say that it's best you probably pick it up with some friends, or at least mingle with other DETOUR fans in order to find a game. That's where you will have the most fun (ever!)*

*Fun not guaranteed to be the most fun ever but still within acceptable levels of fun

Flexscan
07-19-2011, 03:20 PM
Hi dev and stuff!
Just my 2 cent suggestion: I wish to modified game event message.

When oponent disturb me, display message at center of screen and more more large font.

'Flex's missile is destroyed your truck and roads !'
'Zag1's EMP is stunned your truck !'
(name is tam color)

Also if opponet's truck is goal.

AeneasXI
07-19-2011, 04:34 PM
Hey Moe,
Let's see if I can ease your worries...

The majority (if not all) of the crucial bugs you've seen reported have been fixed, so you are looking at the forums here in a past-tense.

I'd say it's pretty awesome and bug free to the point where it wouldn't destroy your experience. :) No need to worry there!

We'll be totally open and say that it's best you probably pick it up with some friends, or at least mingle with other DETOUR fans in order to find a game. That's where you will have the most fun (ever!)*

*Fun not guaranteed to be the most fun ever but still within acceptable levels of fun

So let me analyse your (very self-destructive) post here:
There are no GAMESTOPPING bugs anymore, but still plenty little ones.

You advise him he should get it with some friends, because in fact there are NO people online to play with!

and then you went on saying, that you won't have good fun with this game, but it only will be somewhat-fun to play. (acceptable levels of fun? sounds awful lol)

This is the worst marketing you could have ever done for your game! Are you trying to ruin yourself? oO
Why don't Sandswept Studios let someone else be "Community Manager" here? This is freaking hilarious!

ps: If I recall correctly here you even said that you aren't going to improve the game anymore after patch 1.2...

HugoP
07-21-2011, 04:25 PM
detour crashed in the tutorial with "Exception Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei "c:\spiele\steam\steamapps\common\detour\log.txt zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird" in english: "The Process can't access log.txt, because it is used by another process"

What can i do to fix the problem?

i use Windows Vista without adminrights

SNDZag1
08-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Hi dev and stuff!
Just my 2 cent suggestion: I wish to modified game event message.

When oponent disturb me, display message at center of screen and more more large font.

'Flex's missile is destroyed your truck and roads !'
'Zag1's EMP is stunned your truck !'
(name is tam color)

Also if opponet's truck is goal.
Hey Flexscan, thanks for the suggestion! However, we actually tried a lot of that during development and it caused a lot of crowding in the announcement area. There's already quite a bit going on at any given moment and that would simply flood it constantly. If you're having any trouble with situational awareness, be sure to press TAB for your minimap! :)

detour crashed in the tutorial with "Exception Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei "c:\spiele\steam\steamapps\common\detour\log.txt zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird" in english: "The Process can't access log.txt, because it is used by another process"

What can i do to fix the problem?

i use Windows Vista without adminrights
Very strange! I'm not sure what that is. Do you have a log.txt file in your main DETOUR directory? If you do, please copy and paste the error(s) inside it. Also, if you could post your Steam display name, just in case it's a related issue, that would be most helpful. Thanks!

So let me analyse your (very self-destructive) post here:
There are no GAMESTOPPING bugs anymore, but still plenty little ones.

You advise him he should get it with some friends, because in fact there are NO people online to play with!

and then you went on saying, that you won't have good fun with this game, but it only will be somewhat-fun to play. (acceptable levels of fun? sounds awful lol)

This is the worst marketing you could have ever done for your game! Are you trying to ruin yourself? oO
Why don't Sandswept Studios let someone else be "Community Manager" here? This is freaking hilarious!

ps: If I recall correctly here you even said that you aren't going to improve the game anymore after patch 1.2...
You've got to be kidding.

I can't name a single game, triple A or otherwise, that contains zero bugs. Admitting we have bugs is hardly a rare thing in the games industry, and saying we don't have any showstopper bugs (game-breaking bugs) is accurate, aside from one I can think of that happens in the menus and would require restarting the game (which takes roughly 15 seconds).

We're not in control of who plays the game online. We certainly can't sit there all day with a game running. Suggesting people play with friends is hardly a sign that there is much wrong with the game. We have tons of outlets for people to mingle, talk about DETOUR, and organize play.

Nowhere did I say it wasn't fun (if you're referring to the *disclaimer about fun not being legally guarenteed, that's what we call a joke, and hopefully the majority of people took it as such.)

We currently have no plans to patch after 1.2, but obviously this can always change. Right now there are no bugs stopping people from playing the game, aside from the odd crash here or there (which we need more information on in order to fix).

DETOUR is hella fun. You should definitely play it.

HugoP
08-06-2011, 06:55 AM

Very strange! I'm not sure what that is. Do you have a log.txt file in your main DETOUR directory? If you do, please copy and paste the error(s) inside it. Also, if you could post your Steam display name, just in case it's a related issue, that would be most helpful. Thanks!

There are no errors inside log.txt only something like that: ...TellHost: 60
TellHost: 60
Broadcast: 545
Communicator: 60
Broadcast: 560
Communicator: 545
Communicator: 560
Broadcast: 511
Communicator: 511

I deleted the log.txt and after that i could finish the first tutorial level. Then it crashed with the same failure.

What's my "display name"?

I've made some screenshot's from the error. Could i send them to you e-mail-adress?

SNDZag1
08-07-2011, 03:23 AM
Your display name would be the name you use on Steam, for games. Under Steam > Settings > Friends tab. (It's actually called your Profile Name)

It might help if you send screenshots to contact@sandsweptstudios.com.

We'll see what we can do to help you out! :)

HugoP
08-26-2011, 03:45 PM
my display name was [KoV]HugoP without my clantag it works. Please fix it that i can use my clantag again

SNDZag1
09-03-2011, 08:07 PM
my display name was [KoV]HugoP without my clantag it works. Please fix it that i can use my clantag again
I suppose we didn't post this here, but this has been fixed!

It was due to a way we use certain [bracket] strings in our text resources.

Thanks!