PDA

View Full Version : Can't find photo

DTHOLM
05-27-2011, 02:37 PM
I just downloaded and started using the Flying Scotsman. (the stand alone.) When I was seeing how things work I took a photo. The Train was going by a signal at the time the scene stopped for a sec. It looked and sounded like a flash went off. I feel that I took a photo. I can not seem to find it. Where should I look and it I do a name search what should I use?

arizonachris
05-27-2011, 02:47 PM
Click on Steam and look in the screenshots section. I don't know where RW stores them. I use a program called FRAPS for screenshots, movies, and it shows my frame rate as well.

You won't be able to upload that photo here, you will need to use a third party site, like Photo Bucket, and link to that site.

DC Shoemaker
05-27-2011, 03:08 PM
It may depend on your operating system and your defaults, but Windows 7 likes to put ant pictures in your Library-Pictures-My Pictures folder when you create any kind of picture file. In my case, RailWorks produces a .PNG (portable network graphics) file with a name like Screenshot_Hagen to Siegen...png. The elipses represent, I think, the location coordinates.

Good luck and good hunting!

DC

pigpen
05-30-2011, 11:09 AM
I'm not sure if this helps but here's the path the screenshots taken with Steam are stashed away at on my computer...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\10099947\760\remote\0\screens hots

The screenshot library feature of Steam seems to be broken with Railworks, but if you hit F12 the images are saved. I usually just navigate to the Steam folder and search for *.jpg.

I don't know where Railworks saves it's own screenshots to.

arizonachris
05-30-2011, 12:43 PM
I think F12 will save to Steam, Railworks and FRAPS. Just have to know where to find them.

elof_ffs
05-30-2011, 02:22 PM
I think he means the free NRM Flying Scotsman,
http://www.nrm.org.uk/scotsmangift

That doesn't connect to Steam and i don't know if it has it own screen shots function.

Teschnertron
05-30-2011, 02:47 PM
If on XP, look at your "my pictures" folder at your "home folder". Sorry, my Windows is in German, I don't know the original names of the folders.

HTH,

Martin

Ragnokak
05-30-2011, 05:07 PM
I'm pretty sure he is talking about the in-game screenshot function.
That goes into your My Pictures library.

DTHOLM
05-30-2011, 06:17 PM
[QUOTE=Ragnokak;22675306]I'm pretty sure he is talking about the in-game screenshot function.
That goes into your My Pictures library.[/QUOTE

yes I was talking about the standalone. I used the photo icon in the software. I did so a search for of snapshot my windows 7 does odd things every now and then.

Thanks to all that helped.

Ragnokak
05-30-2011, 06:24 PM
So DT, what did you think of the demo?
Taking screenshots usually denotes a positive thing, but just curious as to what your first impressions were.

DTHOLM
05-30-2011, 07:02 PM
I like how everything looks. I took a few shots from the sky and it is great. All the views are so life like. The controls are easy to use. It was nice to demo to see if I handle it. My timing is poor. I have not been
back to Portal 1 or 2 because some of the movements I can not make. like run and jump (bad hands not the computer fault.) I wish that I had more to do it was way to shot. But I did find out how most of the icons work. Also I love the steam and sounds. I turn the vol. all the way up. I wanted a disk copy so I have to wait about 5 more days tell RW comes in so I have been looking over other web sits. Thanks to the person who posted the link. overall the stand alone is great. Almost for got to say I love having more then one view as I run my train.