PDA

View Full Version : change COD CD KEY

sticky123
05-28-2011, 12:41 AM
last time my COD:MW2 CD KEY was banned. now i buy a new one but i can't use in my steam account. it said i already had one but it banned already how can i change to the new cd key??

aboveyou
05-28-2011, 04:30 AM
You can't. I'm not sure if your problem is compounded by already trying to use it with the same account, but you need a different steam account to play games you were banned from on your main account.

Support may move the key for you, it is possible, they can't take your money if they can't deliver a product - they can't keep your money if they didn't stop you from buying the game and didn't warn you that it wouldn't work, explicitly, and point of sale/purchase, and they don't like giving refunds, so it is likely, as they have done for banned cheaters in the past who buy again, help you to move your key to a new account.

Either way, this is a support issue (link at the top of the page) where this forum is community support and discussion, so we can't officially help you on behalf of SteamPowered, they should be able to get ya all settled tho! =)