PDA

View Full Version : When is SS3 actually coming out?

montanker
05-28-2011, 09:42 PM
I know the Steam page says Summer 2011, but many other sources I looked at say late 2012. Which one is actually correct?

alenl
05-29-2011, 06:16 AM
The Steam page.

montanker
05-29-2011, 03:49 PM
The Steam page.

:D :D :D :D :D

Cunin
05-29-2011, 04:00 PM
MAKE ME PREORDER MY HANDS ARE ITCHY

alenl
05-29-2011, 04:03 PM
And my hands are tied. Does that make us even? :P

Cunin
05-29-2011, 04:08 PM
lol :D

MADDOGGE
05-29-2011, 04:35 PM
And my hands are tied. Must break in and free the hostages.:cool:

kataklinger
05-29-2011, 07:28 PM
And my hands are tied. Does that make us even? :P

Nope. It doesn't. You still get to play the game ;)

insanefred
05-29-2011, 08:38 PM
And my hands are tied.

That's kinda kinky. :D
I demand a teaser trailer!

MADDOGGE
05-29-2011, 08:56 PM
You know alenl if we don't get to see some SP gameplay at E3, the hit squads will be sent to deal with you and the crew.:cool: I don't mean CGI PR crap either we want to see the real deal.;)

alenl
05-30-2011, 03:26 PM
Way ahead of you! If we weren't, it would be too late by now. :P

jacmiszcz92
05-31-2011, 02:19 PM
By summer 2011 I mean months from June to August. Can you specify in which month we can expect ss3?

Creaturemagic
06-01-2011, 04:33 AM
YAY! E3 SS3 footage :) So looking foward to seeing some gameplay. Also could we maybe see how fast paced the multiplayer is? If not thats fine. Also will there be a set in stone date announced at E3? Love you guys

Peter_J_Georg
06-01-2011, 07:12 AM
After watching the teaser trailer I can't wait anymore to finally play this awesome game.

Although I'm not sure how the new realistic aspects will influence the gameplay (f.e. m4 (?) with red dot).

But I'm sure Croteam made the correct decision and we'll finally get an old school shooter we've been waiting for so long.

AntonioR
06-01-2011, 10:20 AM
After watching the teaser trailer I can't wait anymore to finally play this awesome game.

Although I'm not sure how the new realistic aspects will influence the gameplay (f.e. m4 (?) with red dot).

But I'm sure Croteam made the correct decision and we'll finally get an old school shooter we've been waiting for so long.

What are you talking about ? Where could you see the trailer, it still isn't out ?

alenl
06-01-2011, 11:11 AM
http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/06/01/serious-sam-3-bfe-reveal-trailer?objectid=906294

MADDOGGE
06-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Looks great alenl. I've only looked at it like 5 times before you posted it here.:D:cool:

Who the heck thought up the pull the eyeball out?:D:D That was hilarious and gross at the same time.:):)Was that CGI glory or will it be an option? Liked the sledge hammer as well. Still looking forward to the game.:cool:

Lord Gremlin
06-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Just asking, health is not regenerating? Cause this would be out of style for this game (regenerating HP is only good in games where player dies very, very easily - in, like 2 hits).

MADDOGGE
06-01-2011, 01:29 PM
I don't think regen is a worry. You wouldn't last long against a hoard of skeletons or Pumpkin head with the chainsaw and it be much of a SS game. The only thing I heard that worried me was respawn. I hope not in the SP. In co-op/MP it's fine though.

Lord Gremlin
06-01-2011, 02:12 PM
Maybe it's not like respawn, but like in SS2: if you have "lives" you can restart checkpoint with full HP.

alenl
06-01-2011, 02:16 PM
Check the interview. Health and armor are exactly the same as before - no regeneration (except on Tourist of course). No weapon limits, no cover systems. Weapon zoom is something that was already tried in TSE and is put on those weapons where it fits and enhances the gameplay. You have to see it in action, it really works great.

Oh, and no lives. Good old saves. :)

Peter_J_Georg
06-01-2011, 02:57 PM
IGN: Release date and platforms?

Roman Ribaric: Summer 2011 for PC with other platforms following after that.
@alenl: What does this answer mean exactly for PC? Thinking about Windows and OSX (and maybe Linux) here...

Dave3d
06-01-2011, 03:29 PM
X-Box, PS3, etc

Creaturemagic
06-01-2011, 03:44 PM
What are you talking about ? Where could you see the trailer, it still isn't out ?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=22703201#post22703201

MADDOGGE
06-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Check the interview. Health and armor are exactly the same as before - no regeneration (except on Tourist of course). No weapon limits, no cover systems. Weapon zoom is something that was already tried in TSE and is put on those weapons where it fits and enhances the gameplay. You have to see it in action, it really works great.

Oh, and no lives. Good old saves. :)Life is good!!!:D:cool:

alenl
06-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Life is good!!!:D:cool:

Nonono... lives are not good. Bad lives. Saves are good. :P

alenl
06-01-2011, 04:43 PM
@alenl: What does this answer mean exactly for PC? Thinking about Windows and OSX (and maybe Linux) here...

It is released for Windows first. OSX _should_ come soon afterwards. Linux will be supported for dedicated servers.

MADDOGGE
06-01-2011, 04:55 PM
Nonono... lives are not good. Bad lives. Saves are good. :PLOLOL silly.:D I am so looking forward to this game. :):cool:

I'm more than willing to force myself play test the game early just for ya'll. It will be an extreme sacrifice on my part but I can force myself.;)

Peter_J_Georg
06-02-2011, 03:51 AM
It is released for Windows first. OSX _should_ come soon afterwards. Linux will be supported for dedicated servers.
Native OpenGL render path or are you using a wrapper like Valve (which is still better than cider)?
If I'm asking to much technical question, just tell me, I'll then try to stop :D

(On a side note: Why is the teaser trailer still not at steampowered.com? After all Steam was the place to get the trailer first. Once again some IGN exclusive BS?)

X-Box, PS3, etc
Yeah of course now we already call X-Box and PS3 a "PC".....btw who the ♥♥♥♥ wants to play Serious Sam on a console?

Creaturemagic
06-02-2011, 03:55 AM
Native OpenGL render path or are you using a wrapper like Valve (which is still better than cider)?
If I'm asking to much technical question, just tell me, I'll then try to stop :D

(On a side note: Why is the teaser trailer still not at steampowered.com? After all Steam was the place to get the trailer first. Once again some IGN exclusive BS?)

Yeah of course now we already call X-Box and PS3 a "PC".....btw who the ♥♥♥♥ wants to play Serious Sam on a console?

Yes, the only way to play a good shooter is on PC :)

Dave3d
06-02-2011, 12:59 PM

Certainly not I, my dear freind, not I.

MADDOGGE
06-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by Peter_J_Georg
Yeah of course now we already call X-Box and PS3 a "PC".....btw who the ♥♥♥♥ wants to play Serious Sam on a console? Actually thats a good quetion. I know I wouldn't but I also wouldn't want anyone to miss out if they don't have a PC either. . The only SS game I play on a console is The Next Encounter on the PS2.

My son surprised me and told me just yesterday that SS3 was probably a game he would be getting for the PC.:eek::eek::eek: He told me it was because of how really disappointed he was in the controls on the 360 HD version. I have no clue as to if this is true or his inablity to handle old school action. No duck cover and heal in SS games. :cool: I'm DL-ing now just because I can, to try it out and see if it's the game or operator error on my sons part.:D

total enigma
06-02-2011, 01:58 PM
does ss3 uses same engine as HD ?

Peter_J_Georg
06-02-2011, 02:20 PM
@total enigma: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=22482545&postcount=2

MADDOGGE
06-02-2011, 03:18 PM
Serious Engine 3.5.

I can now confirm as I suspected that there is nothing wrong with SS's controls on the 360 as my son claimed to me last night. It is indeed operator error on my sons part as I suspected.:D:D

Naturally a mouse is always better but CroTeam did a really good job on the 360 controls imho. The boy don't know how to play old school. Strafe and run boy, strafe and run. However if it gets him to buy for SS3 for the PC instead of for the 360, I'm not telling him.:D:D:cool:

When all they make now days are games that push you forward some of the kids don't know how to retreat temporarily to put breathing and planning room between yourself and the enemies. silly younglings.:D

Dave3d
06-02-2011, 04:03 PM
ya gots ta teach him, Maddogge.
Its a parents responsibility to teach their kids the way.

:D

alenl
06-02-2011, 04:07 PM

So far, we are with native OpenGL, but there are issues. Mac drivers are just not up to speed with latest and greatest features that PC drivers have. We need to fix that to not use those, but it will take some time. A bit more concentrated on the game itself ATM.

MADDOGGE
06-02-2011, 04:19 PM
ya gots ta teach him, Maddogge.
Its a parents responsibility to teach their kids the way. :DI beats him and beats him but it don't do no good!:(:(

I can't be too hard on him though, he is my connection for free 360 /PS3 games. He buys them for himself and I play them. Works for me. I just buy on the PC what I liked on the 360 when it gets cheap.:):)Yes, controllers suck compared to the mouse, BUT a free game is a free game.:cool:

montanker
06-02-2011, 04:51 PM
I beats him and beats him but it don't do no good!:(:(

I can't be too hard on him though, he is my connection for free 360 /PS3 games. He buys them for himself and I play them. Works for me. I just buy on the PC what I liked on the 360 when it gets cheap.:):)Yes, controllers suck compared to the mouse, BUT a free game is a free game.:cool:

Um...you might want to rephrase that first sentence... :)

Anyway, you do need to introduce him to classic games as soon as possible before SS3 so he has a fighting chance. :D

Peter_J_Georg
06-02-2011, 07:30 PM
So far, we are with native OpenGL, but there are issues. Mac drivers are just not up to speed with latest and greatest features that PC drivers have. We need to fix that to not use those, but it will take some time. A bit more concentrated on the game itself ATM.

Native OpenGL is great for all the OSX guys out there, I'm sure they are ok with the delay compared to the PC version.

Thanks for the answer once again :)