PDA

View Full Version : How do I change skins?

seanfitz1624
05-30-2011, 03:22 AM
Hey guys,

I bought Hawx 2 and Open Skies, and I want to change the skins on my planes so i can check out what I paid for with open skies. However I can't find any info on how to do so. Google search suggests x (or "interact") on the xbox controller, but this doesn't work. I've tried every button on said controller as well. I have redeemed my open skies code.

Please help!

Cheers :D

Nelsonator63
05-30-2011, 04:05 AM
Having the same problem, I think we still have to unlock them. Not sure though, I've heard various things.

seanfitz1624
05-30-2011, 05:25 AM
I assume I have them unlocked because I've had the DLC ones offered at the start of some missions, but I can't switch at all...

{XGS} JoJo
05-30-2011, 05:32 AM
yea i got the some prob i got the dlc as well and it says i got 3 out 3 skins so how do i change the skins on my planes

-:Bongo:-
05-30-2011, 06:19 AM
the open skies dlc only gives you skins for some of the planes, not all the skins. You can unlock some skins using your uplay points and you can unlock another skin by playing the minigame on the ubi webpage for hawx http://hawxgame.uk.ubi.com/ once you play the minigame once you will get a code.

Some skins were pre-order bonus I think. Like the super hornet, it has 3 skins but I can only access the first skin. Havent found a way to unlock the other 2 yet.

If you want to use custom skins heres how:

In your HAWX2 installation folder there will be a folder called Data. In here make another folder called Textures.

In the Textures folder make another folder called plane_playable. Put the skin in here.

You can download custom skins here as well as the unavailable skins from the game, these guys worked out how to get access to every skin in the game but they wont be unlocked from the game menu, you need to pick what skin you want then add it into the plane_playable folder.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3981007546/m/5921060678/p/1

Nelsonator63
05-30-2011, 02:03 PM
If the skins are available for you to use, you'll see a 'f1 to change skins' button.

seanfitz1624
05-31-2011, 12:23 AM
If the skins are available for you to use, you'll see a 'f1 to change skins' button.

Ok, but why can't I access the ones that came with clear skies? Should they not be available straight away? Isn't that the point of paying for it?

seanfitz1624
05-31-2011, 04:16 AM
More info: I can change the skins of the F2000-5 that you get from the mini game with x on the 360 controller. I've finished the main game and yet can still not access the open skies content. Any ideas?

-:Bongo:-
05-31-2011, 06:39 PM
Have you got the open skies planes? If not then you havent installed the dlc. You need to have the planes unlocked and all planes require you to have a certain xp with that plane to unlock skins.

But if i remember right as soon as I installed the dlc I had access to the dlc planes and the skins, I bought the game and dlc at the same time and got instant access to the raptor etc.

seanfitz1624
06-01-2011, 08:38 AM
Have you got the open skies planes? If not then you havent installed the dlc. You need to have the planes unlocked and all planes require you to have a certain xp with that plane to unlock skins.

But if i remember right as soon as I installed the dlc I had access to the dlc planes and the skins, I bought the game and dlc at the same time and got instant access to the raptor etc.

Yeah I got the problem fixed. Basically you get access to only the DLC skinned planes...but it's buggy and sometimes they appear in their default colors, which is why I was confused as to why I couldn't change it. Once they're unlocked in game you can switch between the default and DLC skins.