PDA

View Full Version : How long is Hunted: The Demon's Forge

potluckbrigand
05-30-2011, 10:17 PM
Does anyone know about how long this game is supposed to be? The gameplay looks fun to me, but I'm not interested in shelling out another fifty bucks for a game I'll be done with in 5-10 hours.

I know they said the replayability is going to come in the form of User-Created maps (a dubious claim, but the Unreal 3 engine is a fun one to make custom content with so who knows), but it would be nice to have some solid content created by professionals for my money.

A lot of the guys who worked on this used to work at Interplay, apparently, so it gives me hope that the quality is good, but I haven't found any info regarding it's length.

-PL

Gleem
05-30-2011, 10:22 PM
From what I've heard, if you play on casual you'll tear through the game in no time. But if you play on hard difficulty settings the game is actually a challenge, and takes some time to work through. Also, from what I've seen on the user created content you can make it quite lengthy, but there's a lot of repetition to it. Though the same looks to be said about the game as a whole. Plus, you can consider the element of playing through at least once as each character. So I'd say you'd get at least 25 hours out of this game. But that's just what I think.

potluckbrigand
05-30-2011, 10:37 PM
Good thoughts.

User-generated content is always such a crap-shoot. If the game builds a decent community there's some real potential for fun, like in Neverwinter Nights or old-school Build Engine games (well okay... maybe just Duke Nukem), but you mix ego with incompetence, and you won't ever get Reese's Peanut Butter cups.

I'm too late for the pre-order gift anyway, I'll probably hold until I hear some more positive or negative opinions from actual players.

Thanks.