PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial Patch 7.5 is out!

Wesp5
05-31-2011, 05:42 AM
Download: www.patches-scrolls.de/vampire_bloodlines.php

We'll be releasing localized patches over the following days.

(+) is for Plus Edition players only!
+Set cameras stack limit to five and fixed bad stack limit variables.
+Made Heather meet you out from Venture Tower and fixed Gargoyle XP.
+Corrected restored content appearing in Giovanni Mansion and temple.
Moved unreachable NPCs at Hallowbrook hotel and fixed door opening.
Fixed Regent's lip-sync, warehouse pallet and railing clipping bugs.
Stopped VV sending emails if pissed and fixed some minor text bugs.
Fixed wrong weapon stats shown using new client.dll, thanks to int9.
Made Red Dragon hostess stay and repeat her elevator conversations.
Restored original poster order and clerk sexual bias to basic patch.
Fixed claw brother being susceptible to one-hit-kill by Possession.

NiteHyeway
06-01-2011, 12:02 AM
Awesome, thanks!

Wesp5
06-06-2011, 01:48 PM
The localized German and Polish patches are out now:

http://www.patches-scrolls.de/vampire_bloodlines.php

Hocevar
06-06-2011, 02:21 PM
What are the differences between basic and plus version ?

I've already played the game with the unofficial patch but that was some years ago, I know that I used the basic version but can't remember what changed if the plus version was used.

And I can't seem to find this info nowhere, the installer doesn't explain anything and doesn't seem to be a readme anywhere...

Tanukisan
06-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Here's my interpretation of "basic" and "Plus" (please, Wesp, correct me if I err):

Basic version is close to gameplay as the game was originally released. Bugs are fixed, but gameplay is as close to originally released otherwise.

Plus version incorporates some aspects of the game that were deleted, unfinished, or modified when the game was originally released.

It's no secret that the original release of VtM:B was something of a rush job. There were several things the game developers didn't get a chance to complete or fully test. Also, some parts of the game were modified for release for one reason or another.

Wesp has researched this and examined the game code/content to restore some things that were deleted or to enhance gameplay as he saw proper.

Personally, I wouldn't play any other version but the plus version. I think Wesp did a superlative job of restoring the game to something closer to what was originally intended, rather than what was initially released.

Hocevar
06-06-2011, 09:55 PM
Nice, thanks for the explanation.

Just one more thing, how do I know if the game was patched properly ?

edit: nevermind, it says on the char creation screen :P

Nihil GotR
06-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Gah! i installed this and now Bloodlines won't run. When i reinstall, what is the order to do all this?

Nihil GotR
06-11-2011, 09:21 AM
Gah! i installed this and now Bloodlines won't run. When i reinstall, what is the order to do all this?

Beuhler?

Wesp5
06-12-2011, 04:07 AM
Beuhler?

Huh? As for your problem, I can't imagine why Bloodlines shouldn't run after installing the UP. Have you installed it to the correct directory? What happens when you start the game? To remove the patch just reinstall the game itself...

Bacaruda
06-29-2011, 02:55 PM
Fileplanet does not seem to have the patch anymore. Anyone know where I can find a working download?

Wesp5
06-30-2011, 03:41 AM
Fileplanet does not seem to have the patch anymore. Anyone know where I can find a working download?

The latest patches have never been on Fileplanet. If you were talking about FileFront/GameFront, the 7.5 is available from there right now.

Yaskael
06-30-2011, 02:57 PM
Great patch (lets me actually run the game) but intro videos wont play (just getting black screen with sound). And are there any solutions for widescreen resolutions, perhaps within the patch?

Wesp5
07-03-2011, 04:14 AM
Great patch (lets me actually run the game) but intro videos wont play (just getting black screen with sound).

Just rename the video folder to something else to get rid of them completely.

And are there any solutions for widescreen resolutions, perhaps within the patch?

No, but there is the ResPatcher tool in the Extras folders to be used.

Abremms
07-03-2011, 06:13 PM
this looks interesting, but is there a complied list of what all this changes and improves? I tried looking through the English support forums, but to be honest all the adds drove me off pretty quick. I played bloodlines back when it first came out, but lost my original disk. saw it on sale and made a nostalgia buy.

Wesp5
07-04-2011, 01:59 AM
this looks interesting, but is there a complied list of what all this changes and improves?

It's in the patch readme but too long to post here. Download the patch and check it out, it is displayed before the patch is installed...

stevenliu8217
07-07-2011, 11:45 PM
I'm using 7.5 basic patch at the moment and I plan to use the plus patch for my second walkthrough. Can I overwrite the basic patch by installing the plus patch directly or do I have to reinstall the whole game in order to change patch version?

Wesp5
07-08-2011, 01:54 AM
Can I overwrite the basic patch by installing the plus patch directly or do I have to reinstall the whole game in order to change patch version?

You can just install the plus patch on top of the basic patch without reinstalling the whole game. But I recommend that you wait until next week, because I plan to release version 7.6 then with some new restorations for the plus patch :)!

stevenliu8217
07-08-2011, 02:49 AM
Cool! Thanks!

FullLife2
07-10-2011, 06:15 PM
couple of questions

do i have to install the offical v1.2 patch before this one?

do i have to download and install the previous versions of the unofficial patch or can i just download the 7.5 and install it?

which version is the plus version i only see 1 version on that link VTMBup75.exe which version is this?

if thats not the plus version where can i obtain the plus version?

thanks

Nordoyle
07-10-2011, 06:20 PM
couple of questions

do i have to install the offical v1.2 patch before this one?

do i have to download and install the previous versions of the unofficial patch or can i just download the 7.5 and install it?

which version is the plus version i only see 1 version on that link VTMBup75.exe which version is this?

if thats not the plus version where can i obtain the plus version?

thanks

No you do not need the 1.2 patch as the unofficial patch has it.

The VTMBup75.exe will have an installer option where you can choose plus or not.

FullLife2
07-10-2011, 07:08 PM
No you do not need the 1.2 patch as the unofficial patch has it.

The VTMBup75.exe will have an installer option where you can choose plus or not.
thanks for the help

is it better to install the plus version for my first playthrough? is the plus version that much different then the basic?

Nordoyle
07-10-2011, 08:02 PM
thanks for the help

is it better to install the plus version for my first playthrough? is the plus version that much different then the basic?

I would say for a first play through don't use plus, You can really tell how much more was added to the game the next time around.

FullLife2
07-10-2011, 10:47 PM
I would say for a first play through don't use plus, You can really tell how much more was added to the game the next time around.
thanks for the help

Stormseye
07-11-2011, 10:45 PM
I recommend that you wait until next week, because I plan to release version 7.6 then with some new restorations for the plus patch :)!

Argh! You're killing me! I've waited years for a sale and now I have to wait some more? Kidding, kidding! Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this game. I haven't tried it or the patch yet, but from what I've read, the patches are phenomenal. Looking forward to trying it out. Thank you!

ShogunDarius
07-13-2011, 01:00 PM
i cant find the 7.5 update on filefront/gamefront

Wesp5
07-13-2011, 02:55 PM
i cant find the 7.5 update on filefront/gamefront

It's still there for me, but 7.6 should be ready soon, so you better wait anyway...

GC13
07-13-2011, 06:40 PM
No hurry, but I finally bought this game on sale and will be looking to start it up once 7.6 is ready. :D

I have a New Vegas playthrough to go through though, so no rush. And even when that's done, I have a whole bunch of Sam and Max to do if I'm still waiting. :cool:

seph22
07-13-2011, 07:32 PM
Waiting for 7.6 here before i start my first playthrough :)

ShogunDarius
07-14-2011, 03:03 AM
It's still there for me, but 7.6 should be ready soon, so you better wait anyway...

ohh ok, yu must be close to have got all the bugs and content back by now? u cant wait to play VTMB with te plus patch on, thanks

Anilusion
07-14-2011, 07:18 AM
So when do you think 7.6 will be released?

Wesp5
07-14-2011, 03:30 PM
So when do you think 7.6 will be released?

Right now it's scheduled for tomorrow :)!

Anilusion
07-14-2011, 03:32 PM
Awesome!

seph22
07-14-2011, 10:55 PM
Right now it's scheduled for tomorrow :)!

Thank you very much !

Avykins
07-15-2011, 02:42 AM
Damn, this game is just gonna be supported forever.
And I am going to have to reinstall and replay it every time a new patch comes out. ;.;