PDA

View Full Version : Online play not working at all...

Klev
05-31-2011, 09:25 AM
Doesn't matter if I host or if I attempt to join a game... flat out doesn't work.

Under persona I have everything set to any to optimize my chances of finding someone to play with..

Hosting a game sits there waiting for someone to join..
When trying to join, it finds someone, starts to load..than fails.

Awesome...

Whoops
05-31-2011, 09:29 AM
Yeap, I head port 7777 needs to be open, so I opened it on both upd and tcp or w/e, and still no luck :<

NineRapture
05-31-2011, 09:32 AM
My friend and I were only able to get the game to work Co-Op in a private match by using Hamachi.

If anyone wants to add me to play CO-OP on Gamespy my ID is same as this name, ninerapture. I am current on chapter 2.4 and my friend had to bail on me.

doremicom
05-31-2011, 12:56 PM
Bought his game solely to play co op with a friend living in another state....When will his get fixed. If there is a work around, please let he people know exactly what you did.

LebenOjanen
05-31-2011, 01:07 PM
If you're playing PC then disable all but your primary network adapter. I discovered that this usually helps me if the game is using GameSpy for multi-player stuffs.

Emberscale
05-31-2011, 01:25 PM
After I saw NineRapture's post, my friend and I gave Hamachi a shot. It worked pretty much flawlessly.

LebenOjanen
05-31-2011, 01:28 PM
After I saw NineRapture's post, my friend and I gave Hamachi a shot. It worked pretty much flawlessly.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you're using Hamachi then you're on a fake LAN at that point, yes? Which means you're cutting yourself off from the other players online?

Zombie Jesus
05-31-2011, 02:15 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but if you're using Hamachi then you're on a fake LAN at that point, yes? Which means you're cutting yourself off from the other players online?

You're not cutting yourself off per se' but yes with Hamachi you are running on a private LAN which nobody on the network will be able to see unless you advertise elsewhere. Which is really only good for Invite only type games.
People will still be able to see you on the co-op network I assume, you just can't connect to anyone if you have had to rely on using Hamachi. I pretty much had the same problem with Terraria, had all my port forwarded, firewalls selectively open etc, still no one could connect. cept through Hamachi.

...anyways we here in Australia are still waiting for some kind of release hiccup to be resolved.

jessej07
05-31-2011, 02:29 PM
Is an update going to come out that simplifies online co-op somewhat? I am planning on buying this for myself and a friend so that we can play together (I moved out of state), but I don't really want to bother with port forwarding or figuring out hamachi.

SmutLord
05-31-2011, 02:56 PM
You fail when a main aspect of your game doesn't work, you fail hard. So in the future I will not buy from these assclowns again even when I get my game working for co op. Why pay full price for this game when there are many others that look great and I can start playing right from the start.

Kiljoy66
05-31-2011, 03:06 PM
So online isn't working? Bleh pity, wouldn't mind having a partner, just got into the city, think 1.2 is the level.

Kirzan
05-31-2011, 03:29 PM
Hey thanks for the info. My co-op partner just so happens to be on different shifts than I so we can't play just now. Hopefully this'll get fixed but... Gamespy? Really? That still exists?

zangets00
05-31-2011, 03:30 PM
Yeah portforwarding isn't working for me either, it blows, now i have to use hamachi.

Spylander
05-31-2011, 03:57 PM
Yeap, I head port 7777 needs to be open, so I opened it on both upd and tcp or w/e, and still no luck :<

After I opened 7777 MP works great for me.

You guys might need to also add the game to your firewall.

winonavampire
05-31-2011, 04:28 PM
We are trying the Himachi route.

We both have Himachi, were are in the same network, yet when either of us host, the other still has nothing in the LAN join window.

Can you give a step by step of the Himachi process please?

kitten.mittens
05-31-2011, 07:07 PM
I have a question. Since Terraria is using the same 7777 port, does this mean i can't host Terraria and play Hunted online. Not at the same time of course. How exactly do i fix this?

doremicom
05-31-2011, 07:29 PM
I've tried Himachi, I've tried 7777 (TCP) port forwarding, I'ved tried everything to the point that I shut down my windows firewall.... Can anyone suggest anything to fix this lack of connectivity issue?

Xenofreak
05-31-2011, 08:23 PM
Why the hell do companies still use gamespy in this day and age?! ♥♥♥♥ing piece of ♥♥♥♥.

One act of desperation I can recommend to some people is to set your computer to DMZ when you want to play it. Or if you've got an unjustified feeling of immunity from bad internet crap, permanently. My modem doesn't work with port forwarding(P.O.S), so I've been having to DMZ for games for a while now.