PDA

View Full Version : *SPOILER* Book of the Dead

BlackIris
05-31-2011, 05:17 PM
Has anyone solved the book of the dead puzzle? I cant seem to figure it out, and everytime i go to leave the AI says

"Well, it wouldnt hurt to take another look around."

Am i missing something?

Nasuradin
05-31-2011, 09:14 PM
if you are stuck on the part with the platform that activates with a long wisp of purple fire looking stuff and then another upside-down platform that also shoots the same looking flame downwards, shoot the upside-down platform to move the one you are on. Otherwise, you didn't really specify which part you were stuck on so I dunno :P

kitten.mittens
06-01-2011, 10:47 AM
Yeah you are actually shooting at bells that get highlighted with a purple flame. As you move around there are more bells to take you in defferent directions.

ĈђαőşÜнεσЯŷ
06-01-2011, 11:42 AM
I'm just period stuck how do you get on the platform w/ the arrows on it.. feel I'm missing something blindingly obvious. I'm talking literally right after the book.

BusterH
06-01-2011, 01:52 PM
I'm just period stuck how do you get on the platform w/ the arrows on it.. feel I'm missing something blindingly obvious. I'm talking literally right after the book.

If I recall correctly, you just walk onto the platform. There is a stream of purplish fire that comes out of the floor of the platform and another stream coming out of what appears to be the ceiling, but is actually a bell.

You shoot the bells and move the platform around, first you get the ashes of the "living" guy. Then navigate the platform to find a key, then back to the platform to use the key on the locked door which gets you the ashes of the "dead". After you get that head back to the book and that should about do it.

BlackIris
06-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Yes, I do believe i understand that so many have "walked" onto said platform. The problem however, lies in the fact that I simply Cant walk onto it. There is an invisible wall, is there some sort of pre-requisit to being able to do so?

Even more baffling is the brothers three Father's tomb, a ember of earth?

*EDIT* On the father's tomb, there are two buttons that blend amazingly well in with the floor. Turned my gamma up so i could see in the dark and poof, easy solution >.>

Nasuradin
06-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Ya, there is a small circular area on the platform, you have to run over that for it to "activate" with the flame.

And yes I spent half an hour looking around for the ember of earth :P

For anyone who might not have gotten the keys from the 3 brothers though:
1st tomb is near the end of Chp 1, in the tunnels
2nd tomb is in Chp 2, right after jumping down the pit the large spider statue/molted shell is covering
3rd tomb is in the beginning of Chp 4
Father's tomb is near the beginning of Chp 6