PDA

View Full Version : Melee combat is BROKEN

Dothackking
06-01-2011, 01:10 PM
I love this game, and I think it's fun as hell, except when....

I get stuck on top of the mob that I just knocked down, forcing me to be unable to move

anytime the mobs are freshly knocked down I'm unable to damage them

Oh, falling through the floor during a "press e for partner event" is always fun.

Glitches galore, but still doesn't ruin the fun :)

Btw...Don't spam the air lifting spell in melee unless you REALLY want to be unable to move due to glitched physics.

Rumtruffle
06-01-2011, 01:23 PM
a lot of peoples reactions, even from fanbois, is that melee is not where this game is shines. its all about the archer and her ability to nuke from a distance with impunity.

VA1N
06-01-2011, 01:28 PM
a lot of peoples reactions, even from fanbois, is that melee is not where this game is shines. its all about the archer and her ability to nuke from a distance with impunity.

Unfortunately, melee is a good 50% of this game. While playing single player, I'm always playing as the archer but bring in a human co-op partner and you need to be able to have fun playing both. The combat needs to be fixed or at least patched to iron out some of the bugs.

Rumtruffle
06-01-2011, 01:34 PM
ill only ever play single player so it looks like my choices are even less. ill have to learn to aim correctly or suffer miserably.

Dothackking
06-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Unfortunately, melee is a good 50% of this game. While playing single player, I'm always playing as the archer but bring in a human co-op partner and you need to be able to have fun playing both. The combat needs to be fixed or at least patched to iron out some of the bugs.

I'm having tons of fun playing melee. But big fights really frustrate me, because of the glitches mentioned.

Bingojubes
06-01-2011, 11:54 PM
i fond some of the enemies over powered, and the chained combos of theirs does too much damage.....

Dothackking
06-02-2011, 01:04 AM
i fond some of the enemies over powered, and the chained combos of theirs does too much damage.....

You have to learn to time your shield blocking just right so you interrupt them

Dothackking
06-02-2011, 01:21 AM
Chapter 4 boss is horrible to melee.

You get stuck in his little tentacles and can't do anything the entire fight.

Xenofreak
06-02-2011, 01:24 AM
Yeah, melee in this game isn't really meant to be run in and just hack and slash without much worry of getting hit. Much like the E'lara usually can't do well just standing out in the open taking arrows to the face. E'lara is supposed to provide cover and take out enemies as they come, to try and keep Caddoc from getting overwhelmed. Usually if there's 3 on my friend as he's Caddoc, I'm doing something wrong.