PDA

View Full Version : Interplay Inc.

tixe
06-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Seriously, I looked up all games published by this company.

They are all super overpriced and almost never on any sales. MDK and MDK2 cost 10 euro!!! I remember that it's a nice little game but I played it more than 10 years ago or something.

Earthworm Jim 20euro, a game I never heard of...

Another platform game Tommy Tronic, 10 euro and super old..

I was just angry at this publisher company, really... Overpriced indie games with very few sales. How can they stay in business O,o I bet they get close to nothing at steam.

With a little more research I found the reason to all of this. This company simply does not care about steam community. They are too busy with other gameplatforms and NINTENDO WII!!!

"Enjoy classic games on your Nintendo Wii™ console with these downloadable games from Interplay. MDK2 available now on the Nintendo WiiWare™ service."

Most of their latest releases are on either Iphone/Ipad or Nintendo Wii..

"What do Bioware, Blizzard, High Voltage, Planet Moon, Shiny, Snowblind, Treyarch and Volition have in common? They were all once published by Interplay!"

So basicly this is a publishing company that has lost all touch with pc gaming community (atleast at steaM) and mostly target wii/ipad/iphone market. Sad but true.. Personally I think they will publish overpriced indie games without any promotion at all and rip off the developers. Just read below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interplay_Entertainment#Shutdown

"With the sale and other changes, the company is now almost debt free, with its debt at a reported $3 million today, compared to the $59 million from 2001.[18]"

"On September 23, 2008 Interplay relaunched its website, announcing that Chris Taylor, another member of the original Fallout development team, has joined Jason Anderson on the team working on a game codenamed Project V13, which is assumed to be Interplay's Fallout MMORPG, however if Interplay does not produce the game by 2011, it will lose the MMO license to Bethesda."

The only reason to why they are still here is because they sold fallout rights for a lot of money.

AsheMan
06-01-2011, 08:05 PM
I never heard what happened to Bethesda's lawsuit. Does anyone know if they are still in court or will Interplay have to hand over the Fallout MMO rights to Bethesda?

thecrowflys
06-02-2011, 08:38 AM
truth is interplay failed and are using otherpeoples strings to stay alive... but puling others in, in the prosess were working on geting price down... but well see

RuinerGaming
06-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Interplay has been a dying company for a long time

careface312
06-03-2011, 03:44 AM
I never heard what happened to Bethesda's lawsuit. Does anyone know if they are still in court or will Interplay have to hand over the Fallout MMO rights to Bethesda?

They have a set date to produce an alpha version (or whatever is considered pre-alpha by game devs) iirc, if they don't they lose all the rights.

I think beth are going to contest it anyway to produce their own MMO as interplay will most likely throw some crap out in the closing days and says its what they plan to develop, plus people want a fallout MMO and beth would like the cash.