PDA

View Full Version : I like this game..and I'm an old school hardcore pc gamer

Lord_Kronox
06-03-2011, 07:43 PM
Judge a game based on what you wanted from the game and on what the game aimed to deliver I always say...

I wanted a quick paced action based cooperative fantasy gaming experience and this game delivers a quick paced action based cooperative gaming experience.

People who review this game claiming its a crappy rpg game are crappy reviewers as it was obviously not meant to be a deep engrossing rpg and shouldnt be reviewed as such.

There has been an extreme deficiency of good cooperative games for many many years much less cooperative games that are swords and sorcery based. Thank the stars developers are finally realizing coop can be just as fun and a hell of alot less painful to play then pvp pvp pvp pvp pvp pvp pvp pvp.

And for those guys who knock the graphics.. to heck with them! I love the atmosphere of this game! The music pumps when it should pump... it tones down and is eery when it should be eerie. THe game definately has a great art direction and i love the colors. Greens blues black purple.. dark and forboding but still not bland. Well done.

It isnt perfect but nothing ever is. what it is is good fun and well that is the single most important element of any game ever made.

Peace

enemyofportal
06-03-2011, 07:48 PM
if you finished single player mode, try to create map. it's fun.

Lord_Kronox
06-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Will get to that.. not finished with it yet.. I like taking time with my games.

Lord_Kronox
06-04-2011, 01:53 AM
so far after a few hours of taking it slow .. only issue i have with the game is how when playing with a xbox 360 controller and walking slow... the mood im trying to enjoy is broken by the other character PURPOSELY getting RIGHT in my WAY no matter WHERE I go! I mean literally its like the damned AI is programed to get in my way!

Move left he moves to block me try to go around to the right he literally moves to block me.... C'MON devs!! you mean to tell me noone noticed this during play testing?!?

Bingojubes
06-04-2011, 01:53 PM
yeah i found the body blocking issue quite annoying too.

hate it when i line up a shot with the slow bow, and caddoc comes running up to me like "hey look at my bald!" look on his face, blocking my shot and not fighting enemies like a good tanker.

jbuffat
06-04-2011, 01:57 PM
I'm PC-centric as well... and think this game is really well put together.

I for one love the melee mechanics, and the ranged seems very cool.

Campaign coop is just the best.

No idea what all the poor reviews and hate is about.

Loving this game.

oneeyered
06-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Judge a game based on what you wanted from the game and on what the game aimed to deliver I always say...

I wanted a quick paced action based cooperative fantasy gaming experience and this game delivers a quick paced action based cooperative gaming experience.

People who review this game claiming its a crappy rpg game are crappy reviewers as it was obviously not meant to be a deep engrossing rpg and shouldnt be reviewed as such.

There has been an extreme deficiency of good cooperative games for many many years much less cooperative games that are swords and sorcery based. Thank the stars developers are finally realizing coop can be just as fun and a hell of alot less painful to play then pvp pvp pvp pvp pvp pvp pvp pvp.

And for those guys who knock the graphics.. to heck with them! I love the atmosphere of this game! The music pumps when it should pump... it tones down and is eery when it should be eerie. THe game definately has a great art direction and i love the colors. Greens blues black purple.. dark and forboding but still not bland. Well done.

It isnt perfect but nothing ever is. what it is is good fun and well that is the single most important element of any game ever made.

Peace

Same as you and the only issue I have currently is the idea of the controller button scheme constantly popping up when I am not using one for every action, etc. Other than that, the game looks good at max settings, runs great and so far I have quite enjoyed it. Old school PC gamer here as well if it means anything to anyone.
It's an ARPG and not a standard RPG.