PDA

View Full Version : The game is taking longer than 20 minutes to start and extremely long loading times

cuber001
06-03-2011, 11:22 PM
OK I was writing a post about how the game doesn't run when it suddenly did after 20 minutes of waiting, then it took 7 minutes loading to start, but when it started the performance was OK on my gtx 580 oc sli + i7 920@3.6 Ghz. Except some minor freezes whenever the area changes.

I don't want to wait for 30 minutes every time i run the game, anyone has any idea what's the problem.

UTROMSHREDDER
06-04-2011, 12:05 AM
then is something wrong with your pc. i have athlon x2 4400+ 2,2 ghz 2 gb ram ddr 400 8800gt 512 mb and game starts in less than 2 minutes and dosent have huge loading times.

Lord_Kronox
06-04-2011, 12:21 AM
Running intel qx6850 quad core extreme here with 8 gigs ram win 7 64 bit x2 gtx 470 SLI and the game is running smoother than a new born babies ♥♥♥♥ with all details maxed.. you seriously have a hardware problem

sfade
06-04-2011, 01:22 AM
Try verifying the game cache files. I noticed that I seemed to get some corruption on the first download (probably because steam went down in the middle of downloading on me) and caused a crashing issue. Once verified and it had reacquired a resource file that was bad, game ran very smooth and solid.

It's rare but every now and then a download can lose integrity (thus the verify option for crosschecking files). This is always a first line troubleshooting step for any Steam game, it has saved me a lot of time (that would have been spent trying to fix a non-issue) over the years.

cuber001
06-04-2011, 06:14 AM
Thanks guys for your replies,

First there is nothing wrong with my hardware, It pretty much maxed out every PC game I've ever bought.

Anyway I have done the (verify the integrity of files) thing before I posted this. But when I read your post sfade I did it again and it actually downloaded a 61 byte file that fixed the problem :D. So, thanks for making me do it again, the game now works like a charm.

sfade
06-05-2011, 10:18 PM

First there is nothing wrong with my hardware, It pretty much maxed out every PC game I've ever bought.

Anyway I have done the (verify the integrity of files) thing before I posted this. But when I read your post sfade I did it again and it actually downloaded a 61 byte file that fixed the problem :D. So, thanks for making me do it again, the game now works like a charm.

Glad you got all fixed up and running. :)

justinang80
08-14-2011, 10:44 AM

Hey bro, care to share how u do that? Thanks and sorry for the trouble as I m new with PCs stuff.

Sifer2
08-14-2011, 11:17 AM
Hey bro, care to share how u do that? Thanks and sorry for the trouble as I m new with PCs stuff.

Right click it in steam library. Click Properties then Local Files. You will see the option to verify integrity. Reading your post though you got same problem as me with the long ♥♥♥ first time load. And this wont fix it. Only playing the game an waiting for it to load will fix it in my experience. After the first 15 to 20 minute wait for it to launch it should boot up normally from then on. I don't know what causes the problem but I think maybe its file compression screw up with the Steam version.

justinang80
08-15-2011, 01:17 AM
Right click it in steam library. Click Properties then Local Files. You will see the option to verify integrity. Reading your post though you got same problem as me with the long ♥♥♥ first time load. And this wont fix it. Only playing the game an waiting for it to load will fix it in my experience. After the first 15 to 20 minute wait for it to launch it should boot up normally from then on. I don't know what causes the problem but I think maybe its file compression screw up with the Steam version.

Thanks bro!!