PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on tutorial - ignore sniper

MillertimeRC
06-04-2011, 07:36 AM
I'm playing through the tutorial and am at the stage where there are two enemies - a gunner and a sniper. The tutorial says I need to ignore the sniper so I can shoot the gunner and move into cover before I get sniped. Nothing I do gets me past that point however. I right click the sniper as instructed and get the menu, but clicking on ignore target or any other option and then pressing Play just runs the same sequence - my guy tries to shoot the sniper and gets killed.

Is that a bug or am I doing something wrong?

careface312
06-04-2011, 08:20 AM
You have to click your own soldier and click ignore, not the sniper. Than you can set up which way you want to aim, etc once you're back in cover :)

DuckStab
06-04-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm playing through the tutorial and am at the stage where there are two enemies - a gunner and a sniper. The tutorial says I need to ignore the sniper so I can shoot the gunner and move into cover before I get sniped. Nothing I do gets me past that point however. I right click the sniper as instructed and get the menu, but clicking on ignore target or any other option and then pressing Play just runs the same sequence - my guy tries to shoot the sniper and gets killed.

Is that a bug or am I doing something wrong?

could you upload a video? It may be a bug or you may be doing something wrong.

although what careface312 suggested will get you past the tutorial, the ignore specific enemy function is VERY useful. with careface312s method you ignore all enemies which is definitely not ideal for many situations.

careface312
06-04-2011, 04:40 PM
Having your unit ignore all is the only viable option that I can see so far, otherwise your whole team would be ignoring a certain unit which might end up costing you. You can set up your aim after it with minimal fuss anytime you please (in this case I guess it would be rush to cover then take out the gunner).

If anyone knows how to set priority targets I'd love to know, that would certainly help in this scenario :)

vohk
06-04-2011, 10:32 PM
If anyone knows how to set priority targets I'd love to know, that would certainly help in this scenario :)

IIRC, select the guy you want to do the prioritizing, right click on the enemy (works on their ghost too), and click 'Focus on Enemy'. You can also set that order to kick in from any way point by selecting the point first.

As for the OP, on that sniper tutorial:
1. Click the first way point to select it. Right click the sniper, then left click 'ignore enemy'.

2. Click the next way point (the one past the doorway), right click the sniper, then left click 'clear ignore/focus'.

3. Hit play. The guy should walk to the door, blast the gunner while ignoring the sniper, then walk through the hallway and give the sniper a nightcap.

DuckStab
06-04-2011, 10:49 PM
Having your unit ignore all is the only viable option that I can see so far, otherwise your whole team would be ignoring a certain unit which might end up costing you. You can set up your aim after it with minimal fuss anytime you please (in this case I guess it would be rush to cover then take out the gunner).

that's not how ignore unit works at all though. You select one of your units or that units waypoints, then right click and set them to ignore the enemy. Only the unit you selected will ignore that enemy. You can even prioritize targets with the ignore enemy function if you want, just ignore all enemies aside from the one you want to shoot first then deactivate the ignore command on certain enemies using the time counter.

careface312
06-05-2011, 02:38 AM
Aw right, I guess I'm just confused by the way the set up period works. I assumed that because you can control the other team during it if you clicked on 'ignore' on one of them it would make him ignore your team. Thanks for the info +repped :)

Thrill Skill
09-10-2011, 11:47 PM
Apologies for some necroposting here, I had the same problem in tutorial until hitting the "prev unit" button. Can't figure it out - was it bug or feature, but maybe solution will be useful for somebody with the same stuck)

ironsniper13
09-28-2011, 04:11 PM
Apologies for some necroposting here, I had the same problem in tutorial until hitting the "prev unit" button. Can't figure it out - was it bug or feature, but maybe solution will be useful for somebody with the same stuck)

oh my god thank you so freakin much -_- stupid bug -_-
+rep

TmanIsHere
12-24-2011, 04:20 PM
It's a buggy part of the Tutorial. If you follow the instruction step by step, no problem. If you happen to not click the waypoint when the instruction tells you to, it gets stuck in a limbo.