PDA

View Full Version : Hit Detection and Cover System

ninjikiran
06-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Anyone else feel hit detection is a little wonky? I noticed my shots often don't properly register. Especially when the enemy is in motion.

Second is more a complaint but the cover system seems to be far too limited. I was expecting to be able to hug every wall but all you can do is hug often out of place blocks on the ground.

Xenofreak
06-04-2011, 11:08 PM
I don't have a problem with when they're in motion, but it seems like the hitbox for their heads are screwed up as my arrows go straight through them sometimes. And that's as host, so it's not lag.

To the second thing, usually you can put your back against walls and look around it. Not necessarily in the middle of it, since I've never tried it since there's not much point in that. But I've gotten my back against the wall near corners.

ninjikiran
06-05-2011, 09:51 AM
I don't have a problem with when they're in motion, but it seems like the hitbox for their heads are screwed up as my arrows go straight through them sometimes. And that's as host, so it's not lag.

To the second thing, usually you can put your back against walls and look around it. Not necessarily in the middle of it, since I've never tried it since there's not much point in that. But I've gotten my back against the wall near corners.

Seems to be arbitrary and sometimes you don't stick even on specific context walls without frustration.

Yea I noticed that with headshots, I am slowly weaning off of headshots and just going for the body shot as well as relying more on skills.

Kagetakai
06-05-2011, 10:39 AM
Yeah..head shots do seem a little strange. It also depends on the bow too I think. I noticed you cant fire the slow bows too fast or they lose accuracy.

hakar
06-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Seems to be arbitrary and sometimes you don't stick even on specific context walls without frustration.

Yea I noticed that with headshots, I am slowly weaning off of headshots and just going for the body shot as well as relying more on skills.

some of the more armoured enemies your better off shooting their legs or using the arcane shot.

SoulNefarious
06-06-2011, 11:58 AM
I've noticed that popping in and out of cover really fast can mess up with my hit detection. I think it's something to do with the third person camera. I remember I had the same problem in Resident Evil 5, the camera would slightly push up and my aim would be pretty far off.