PDA

View Full Version : Getting blackscreen after loading up save

jarateedoffHobo
06-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Every time I try to load up a save from the Ice Caverns I get a black and grey screen as well as this in the event viewer for the reason(See below for the errors). I tried reinstalling the game, re downloading it entirely, updated DX, updated the videocard drivers(worked fine with all other games and for most of puzzle quest 2 up to this point with inconsistent freezing. I read the thread on what to do for errors including reducing sound channels but that did not help. When the game freezes the sound plays fine and it often tries to recover itself but ends up back into a black screen over and over until I finally can end the task. Does anyone have any ideas on how to remedy this?
The comp is using Windows Home premium 64bit, it has a XFX 9800GT, 3gb of corsair XMS2 ram ect. If it will help I can post up my DXdiag as well as the debug or w/e, I will also be emailing support but I was hoping someone else with the same problem has already fixed theirs. Thanks for your time.

The program PuzzleQuest2.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.