PDA

View Full Version : If you e-mail a dev team with a suggestion...

0malley7
06-07-2011, 10:29 AM
And they take a while to get back to you, but their reply seemed positive, is this a good sign or are they just replying to make it seem like they care? (The dev team is rather small. They make ipod games.)

rotNdude
06-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Most suggestions directed at a dev team will be responded to with a "thank you for contacting us" type of response. I guess it depends on what the game is, what the suggestion was and how long it took.

Method320
06-07-2011, 10:40 AM
Could be both. Want to give a good impression to their user-base and appreciate feedback.

Question: Why do you care?

FILLMORE!
06-07-2011, 10:52 AM
I think that is a good sign. At least someone apparently read your e-mail and took the time to reply.

But don't expect that they will implement your suggestion. Often they do not have the resources, even if they seem to like your suggestion.

But don't let that stop you from making suggestions in the future. Every good developer will be glad to receive feedback from the players of his game :)

bluz74
06-07-2011, 10:56 AM
It depends, did you email Activision and suggest that they just stop for awhile?

0malley7
06-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Could be both. Want to give a good impression to their user-base and appreciate feedback.

Question: Why do you care?

The team is HappyLatte and the game is High Noon. I care because the game has some amazing potential, yet is has some serious issues with weapon balance.