PDA

View Full Version : Portal2.exe

cornerdweller
06-07-2011, 10:03 AM
When i start portal 2, it loads the valve movie but when i get to the portal screen with the robot on it stops, exits to desktop and says portal2.exe has stopped working. doess anyne know how to fix this and if you do please tell me becaue i havent played since i brught the game

JordanMS
06-07-2011, 10:07 AM
try runnung it through steam. I don't know :L

andrew_berge
06-07-2011, 10:10 AM
What Jordan said. Start up steam, go to the library tab and start it through there.

Also: It's amazing what simply restarting your computer can do, you should try that, too.

Zekiran
06-07-2011, 10:17 AM
Since we don't have any information about your system, you need to post your specs. Particularly your OS, ram, and video card type.

Sometimes you'll need to update your video drivers. Make sure your drivers are properly up to date, don't use windows to detect them, go directly to the manufacturer's site and see if your model has new drivers. You can always roll them back if they don't work.

If you are using a machine that has an onboard Intel graphics setup, and no separate video card, you may have some issues running Source.

Verify your game files - open your Steam library and right-click on the game icon. Choose Properties. Select Files, and find where you can Verify your game cache. Do that. Restart Steam, and try again.

You may also need to run in properties, the Autoconfig mode (once, remove it from properties after you get in once). But try the other things first.