PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Siege 3 is the definition of consolitis

Pages : 1 [2]

Profane69
06-21-2011, 12:19 PM
The only thing I am disappointed about is the size of the game download, it seems they are limiting themselves to what will fit on a single dvd (f0r the xbox 360). That will mean mediocre textures for us PC people.

Other than that you guys sound like this to me:

"The new series of carriages have automobileitis"
"The brakes and springs are ♥♥♥♥!"
"I cant figure out how to hook up my horse correct!"

You have to face it PC gamer's only account for 10% of the video-game market. Except for old school games like Civilization and the MMO's, we are out of the equations.

And with kincet, Wii and touch screens on store shelves right now the mouse and keyboard will be going away even faster

So stop winning, get over yourselves and evolve...

I love making fun of silly posts like this.

First your 10% most likely came out of your rear and is probably based on those silly numbers that regularly come out about RETAIL sales numbers.

Us in the Modern world know that the vast majority of sales on the pc are through online stores which are never reported in those retail numbers.

And last saying that specialized controllers will replace the keyboard is like saying brain surgeons will replace all other professions.

If evolving involves becoming as silly as you then i much prefer being as i am.

purplellama
06-21-2011, 12:20 PM
its a sad thing that this is happening to more and more games.

rich companies buying up something people put a lot of vision into.
then just pumping out something that will return the investment and hopefully make money.
we aren't getting as many games designed by gamers these days.
we are getting games pushed out the door by big companies. :[

MasterOfTheTide
06-21-2011, 12:52 PM
Dang. I just bought this game for half price and I am regretting it as it is installing! I better play this on my TV and use my Xbox controller and pretend it is a console game, maybe then I will like it?

xXJayeDuBXx
06-21-2011, 03:27 PM
its a sad thing that this is happening to more and more games.

rich companies buying up something people put a lot of vision into.
then just pumping out something that will return the investment and hopefully make money.
we aren't getting as many games designed by gamers these days.
we are getting games pushed out the door by big companies. :[

So wait, publishers and developers are not suppose to make games for money? Perhaps you should stop trying to think, it's going to get you into trouble.

Dang. I just bought this game for half price and I am regretting it as it is installing! I better play this on my TV and use my Xbox controller and pretend it is a console game, maybe then I will like it?

Holy cow, now that's an idea! I think you might be on to something.

MasterOfTheTide
06-21-2011, 04:02 PM
I just played it a bit with the controller and although it is not as good as the previous games the game plays fine with a controller and there is 2 player hot-seat mode which will be fun to play with 2 controllers on the HDTV. That is what makes up for this game not living up to DS1 and 2, but it is really nice to have a hot-seat game on the PC to play with a bud as I love games that I can play on my HDTV with friends from my PC using my Xbox 360 controllers.

Glad I got it for half price and I am going to have some fun with this game even though it is dumbed down and shouldn't be played with a keyboard and mouse.

Entrio
06-21-2011, 06:06 PM
I just played it a bit with the controller and although it is not as good as the previous games the game plays fine with a controller and there is 2 player hot-seat mode which will be fun to play with 2 controllers on the HDTV. That is what makes up for this game not living up to DS1 and 2, but it is really nice to have a hot-seat game on the PC to play with a bud as I love games that I can play on my HDTV with friends from my PC using my Xbox 360 controllers.

Glad I got it for half price and I am going to have some fun with this game even though it is dumbed down and shouldn't be played with a keyboard and mouse.

You might as well buy the game on a console then.

TRMcDee
06-21-2011, 07:07 PM
Yeah... this is nothing like the continuation of one of my favorite series. This game is to the PC like the Uwe Boll movie is to the theater.

sbonikowske
06-21-2011, 07:19 PM
If people dont buy games on pc, they will simply stop doing games for the pc, just look at e3, its all about consoles, we should be happy if they release it to pc at all. Not buying the games simply reduces the amount of games released at all.

I would love to get good games on pc, but atm i think "beggars cant be choosers" are a term for pc gaming.

There is no reason to buy this kind of crap for consoles either... consoles just need to die off so we can get back to good games, not moron level crap like this.

sbonikowske
06-21-2011, 07:29 PM
holy ♥♥♥♥ obdesian what a mess, i can't believe how they ruined this series:

- first the pre-order bonus with co-op lan and online stripped out
- now this lazy console port that doesn't control or look right on PC, its infuriating after reading the quoted interview.

game is unplayable on pc, its awful, i deleted the demo after 15min

You know what is really sad... I might have purchased this game just for the full versions (with xpacks) of the first 2 games... can't find them much anymore.

Would never bother with this game as it is though.. whoever made all the decisions for the game needs to be taken out back, beaten, then shot. I loved DS1 and 2

AlaCarcuss
06-21-2011, 09:17 PM
Odd comment, most people who dislike Obsidian's games are the reason Obsidian makes bad games? ... how convoluted.

Read my post again, that's not what I said. Although, your point has merit. The reason why ALL major developers are giving us this streamlined rubbish (i.e DA2, ME2) these days IS to target the modern casual gamer (the "most people" you refer to).

KotOR was much better than KotOR 2, which had way more bugs, the characters weren't (for the most part) as likeable and the story overall didn't really make sense. You got to get to higher levels though, so that's a plus.

Granted, KotOR 2 was unfinished (due to publisher constraints) but was still a better designed, better written RPG than Bioware's effort. Try playing it with the Restoration Project user made patch.

Fallout: New Vegas had way more bugs than FO3, FO3 had a better story. But I admit I did like some aspects of New Vegas that they implemented.

We've already established Obsidian's habit of releasing buggy games - no argument there. Once patched up though, NV is a much better RPG than FO3 and much more like a true sequel to the originals. Remember, some of Obsidian's devs worked on the original Fallout's. Again, it featured better writing and real C&C (Obsidian' strong points).

But one thing I can't let slide, NWN2 better than the original? xD oh man, people must look for totally different things in games, NWN2 (ESPECIALLY mask of the Betrayer) wasn't even HALF as good as the original.

Yes we obviously do. IMHO, NWN1 (OC) was absolute garbage and the expansions not much better. NWN2's OC wasn't very good either, but some of the expansions - Mysteries of Westgate and especially MotB were excellent. In fact, if you check some threads over at the RPGCodex (hardcore RPG site), most believe MotB to be the best story driven RPG since Planescape.

And to be honest, those are the only noteworthy games Obsidian has released at all. KotOR2 and FO: NV were both acceptable (though they really didn't add much the originals didn't already have) and NWN2 was a massive failure to me, first game is my fave game of all time, second one lost focus, like it was trying to be Baldur's Gate.

'Tis a sad day indeed when I hear people refer to garbage like NWN1 as their favorite of all time - but each to their own. Worst game by far Bioware has ever produced IMHO (though some of the user made modules are good).

Please note, I am speaking from an old-shool RPG gamer's perspective (I've been playing cRPG's since the early 80's). If you want some good insight into what makes a great RPG - I suggest you check out some dedicated RPG sites like the RPGCodex (rpgcodex.net). Note: It's a completely un-moderated forum, so where some armor if you decide to post there. :cool:

xXJayeDuBXx
06-21-2011, 09:18 PM
You might as well buy the game on a console then.

How very elitist of you.

Yeah... this is nothing like the continuation of one of my favorite series. This game is to the PC like the Uwe Boll movie is to the theater.

That's not even a good analogy. In fact, it doesn't make sense at all.

There is no reason to buy this kind of crap for consoles either... consoles just need to die off so we can get back to good games, not moron level crap like this.

You know what is really sad... I might have purchased this game just for the full versions (with xpacks) of the first 2 games... can't find them much anymore.

Would never bother with this game as it is though.. whoever made all the decisions for the game needs to be taken out back, beaten, then shot. I loved DS1 and 2

So have you actually played DS3? No? Next time think twice before you decide to share your ignorant elitist rhetoric.

joker09
06-21-2011, 09:29 PM
Probably one of the worst purchases I've made in the past 10 years. Obsidian Entertainment consistently makes games that lack depth of any way, shape or form. They write a good tale, but don't let us do anything with it. Frustrating.

I don't care what you white knights think, DS3 fails to live up to the franchise's hype.

The random BioWare hate makes me lol, as well. Just rings of 'waaaah, waaaaah, I know better because I'm older, you're wrong, waaaah.' Seriously, nobody gives a ♥♥♥♥.

tl;dr

Don't give a care! Game is below average. Would be worth a rent on a console, definitely.

xXJayeDuBXx
06-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Probably one of the worst purchases I've made in the past 10 years. Obsidian Entertainment consistently makes games that lack depth of any way, shape or form. They write a good tale, but don't let us do anything with it. Frustrating.

I don't care what you white knights think, DS3 fails to live up to the franchise's hype.

The random BioWare hate makes me lol, as well. Just rings of 'waaaah, waaaaah, I know better because I'm older, you're wrong, waaaah.' Seriously, nobody gives a ♥♥♥♥.

tl;dr

Don't give a care! Game is below average. Would be worth a rent on a console, definitely.

What is with people's expectations about DS3 being even remotely similar to the previous two games? Just a minimal amount of research would have probably given someone the knowledge they needed.

Another thing, you didn't like the game, that's fine. But why the back handed comment about those who do like DS3? Why is it such an all or nothing deal with games?

GrandDK
06-21-2011, 10:04 PM
What is with people's expectations about DS3 being even remotely similar to the previous two games? Just a minimal amount of research would have probably given someone the knowledge they needed.

Another thing, you didn't like the game, that's fine. But why the back handed comment about those who do like DS3? Why is it such an all or nothing deal with games?

Obsidian ruined the DS series with this freak of a game, such embarrassment to it's predecessors I can't even fathom how they could ruin the game just because they wanted to make more cash it's greedy as hell!

And yes sure I could have waited and seen more reviews for the PC version but at the time I was happy to call myself a fan-boy of the once great title even the first game in the series had bigger areas to move around in. Now you get cramped corridors and linear outdoor areas. What a complete and total letdown!

Last title i buy from Obsidian.

xXJayeDuBXx
06-21-2011, 10:18 PM
Obsidian ruined the DS series with this freak of a game, such embarrassment to it's predecessors I can't even fathom how they could ruin the game just because they wanted to make more cash it's greedy as hell!

And yes sure I could have waited and seen more reviews for the PC version but at the time I was happy to call myself a fan-boy of the once great title even the first game in the series had bigger areas to move around in. Now you get cramped corridors and linear outdoor areas. What a complete and total letdown!

Well I completely disagree with your opinion, hope that's ok.

Aemony
06-21-2011, 10:44 PM
Well I completely disagree with your opinion, hope that's ok.

NO! NO YOU CAN NOT!!!!

/sarcasm

Didn't you do ANY kind of research? Like... say... watching the trailer? I saw the trailer when it was released and knew straight then and there that the game didn't follow in the vein of the previous games. That was pretty much spelled out. Even a simple screenshot would showcase the huge difference in terms of playstyle.

I hope you recognize that the one at fault here is you, and not Obsidian. You expected something they didn't promise you, all while making assumptions that a change in developers wouldn't introduce any radical changes in the gameplay at all from previous titles.

DarkJeff
06-22-2011, 01:15 PM
This game is to the PC like the Uwe Boll movie is to the theater.
I found this hilarious, because Uwe Boll made the Dungeon Siege movie too. :D

DarkJeff
06-22-2011, 01:21 PM

I pre-ordered DS3 because it was Dungeon Siege 3 and I enjoyed Dungeon Siege 1 and Dungeon Siege 2.

The "minimal amount of research" I did was to look at Wikipedia after saying "Wait, there's a THREE? How'd I miss that?!", which read "Dungeon Siege III is an action role-playing game with elements of the hack and slash and dungeon crawl genres, and has a system featuring a limited selection of abilities" leading me to imagine a cross between Diablo and Dungeon Siege, which would be awesome. Since I was in the middle of playing the action-based Witcher 2, I enjoyed (the completed parts) of KotOR2, I thought NWN2 was neat and MotB was brilliant, I didn't really give it a second thought.

Draxonic
06-22-2011, 08:59 PM

While I do enjoy quite a few things on my PS3, when I read this all I could think was "Hallelujah Brother!"

Xaero Payne
06-22-2011, 09:43 PM
I just wanted to post to agree with the OP as well, this is console CRAP, CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP. I had it on my wishlist for a bit as well -.-' Oh well... will have to wait for D3 and/or SWTOR... oh and perhaps Torchilight 2.

Not gonna even touch D3 personally tired of the way Blizzard keeps messing with everything. Nerf this that, buff this that... None of their games ever get balanced properly because they always listen to the whiners.

SWTOR on the other hand other than the fact that space combat is "on rails" looks really awesome, and I plan to be playing it for a long time to come. No more of my money going out for junk console ports like this one did which completely ruined the DS universe.

Xaero Payne
06-22-2011, 09:47 PM

Or Square. I've written them off now after FF14, and now this!

I was gonna get the new Deus Ex game, but hell no. not now

Onslaught2k3
06-22-2011, 11:12 PM
I love the false sense of entitlement people have on forums stating drivel like "the Dungeon Siege series is ruined!" as if it was theirs to ruin. The game is fine. A console port would mean more computers can run it too. Have you tried running AAA titles like Witcher 2 on an older PC?

As some have said here already I viewed the screens and watched the trailers for this game and was looking for a little more simplicity in a hack n' slash RPG title. I'll worry myself with complexities when Diablo 3 and Sacred 3 roll around.

HighPopalorum
06-22-2011, 11:19 PM
I don't think Diablo 3 will be very complex. I adored both the earlier games, but complexity wasn't their strong suit. Button-mashing action, fun character options and loot is what draws me to those games. With only one active skill at a time, the game practically begs for controller support. Indeed, Diablo was released on the Playstation as well as on PC. I hope controllers are supported in D3.

somidiot
06-22-2011, 11:37 PM
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this, I'm too lazy and tired to look, but I wish they'd at least let me target what I want to on a PC. Give me the option to turn off the "smart targeting" You can be a bit more accurate with a mouse than you can with a controller .... just a bit....

The more I think about it the more I think I got screwed out of a game that could have been so much more on a PC.

Onslaught2k3
06-22-2011, 11:45 PM
I don't think Diablo 3 will be very complex. I adored both the earlier games, but complexity wasn't their strong suit. Button-mashing action, fun character options and loot is what draws me to those games. With only one active skill at a time, the game practically begs for controller support. Indeed, Diablo was released on the Playstation as well as on PC. I hope controllers are supported in D3.

diablo 2's PvP gameplay was a little bit more frenzied.. and I mean that literally. The moment LoD patch 1.10+ came around, the landscape literally transformed with many new runeworded items. In single/co-op multiplayer the game wasn't too complex. To get the best online toons, you needed help and dedication to get them to 80+ within 90% of the desired stats. Sorry I wasn't being more specific.

HighPopalorum
06-23-2011, 12:02 AM
diablo 2's PvP gameplay was a little bit more frenzied.. and I mean that literally. The moment LoD patch 1.10+ came around, the landscape literally transformed with many new runeworded items. In single/co-op multiplayer the game wasn't too complex. To get the best online toons, you needed help and dedication to get them to 80+ within 90% of the desired stats. Sorry I wasn't being more specific.

Preaching to the choir, dude. I was and am an obsessive D2 min-maxer. I think inventory management is the only part of that game that wouldn't work splendidly on a controller - and perfecting your equipment and stats was a very important part of that game. Still, controller support is becoming the norm and I hope Blizzard includes it in D3. I'm sure their geeks can come up with an interface and control schema that work well with all kinds of input devices.

L233
06-23-2011, 12:36 AM
Obsidian ruined the DS series with this freak of a game, such embarrassment to it's predecessors
Personally, I think DS3 is a huge improvement to the series, which I always saw as the Dumb Man's Diablo. Dungeon Siege took the simplicistic Click-to-Kill gameplay of Diablo and stripped it of Diablo's complexity in terms of character developement and item system.

What was left was an incredibly shallow gaming experience - which was, by the way, exactly what Chris Taylor intended. He was very vocal about increasing the mass appeal of PC gaming and to him, that meant stipping it of any complexity. Let me stress that again: the DS series had traditionally very little depth in terms of gameplay.

Now, DS3. DS3 radically different than DS 1 and 2 and it probably shouldn't be carry the name "Dungeon Siege" - but I disagree it has "ruined" the series because
1) it's physically impossible to ruin something as crappy and shallow as the Dungeon Siege series
2) DS3 is, in it's own right, a very good game once you can bring yourself to playing it with a gamepad controller

DS3's gameplay has been designed for controllers, it's true. In addition to that, the mouse/keyboard controls suck. Yet, even if they improved the mouse/keyboard controls significantly, it would still be a game designed for controllers and it would still play rather awkwardly with mouse/keyboard. In that regard, it's probably more akin to a racing game or a sports game. Sure, it can be made to work with mouse/keyboard, but a controller will always offer the better experience.

Now, designed for gamepad ist NOT the same as "dumbed down". In fact, DS3 is not dumbed down compared to DS1/2, quite to the contrary. In DS2, you did little more than right-click on enemies and chug potions. It was the very definition of dumbed-down gameplay. DS1 was even worse - the game was so highly automated, it basically played itself. It was very pretty for an interactive screensaver, though, I'll give you that.

DS3, on the other hand, has a lot more going on in combat. Character developement is still rather shallow, but the actuall "action" part of "Action-RPG" has seen a tremendous improvement over DS1 and 2. Sure, DS3 isn't perfect, but you can either continue your whining or get a controller and enjoy this awesome little dungeon romp, which is actually a lot of fun to play.

Revenant712
06-23-2011, 02:12 AM
Unfortunately the gaming market is controlled by about 4 companies who don't give half a rat's ♥♥♥ about games or gaming (looking at you EA) they just want to pump out as much garbage that the public will eat up as fast as possible to fill their pockets. Sorry guys, this pain will never go away, unless you can buy out EA, there is nothing we can do to stop these disasters from being introduced to the world...

xXJayeDuBXx
06-23-2011, 02:31 AM
Unfortunately the gaming market is controlled by about 4 companies who don't give half a rat's ♥♥♥ about games or gaming (looking at you EA) they just want to pump out as much garbage that the public will eat up as fast as possible to fill their pockets. Sorry guys, this pain will never go away, unless you can buy out EA, there is nothing we can do to stop these disasters from being introduced to the world...

That is a very idiotic statement. If you don't like the games then don't buy them. DS3 is certainly not perfect, but it's in no way a disaster. Unlike your assumptions about game publishers.

kierant
06-23-2011, 07:20 AM
This game is confusing me. OK I assumed A was left and D was right - yeah I know, silly of me - but using some of their other controls is downright difficult. I have to hold left shift and then the number of my chosen skill to use the empowered version, change to ctrl to pick up globes then hold space and hit 4 to use health restore in defensive mode and while I take my eyes off the screen to organise myself, I have been flattened. What happened to using the function keys?????? My fingers only stretch so far!
I'm not an idiot - I can touch type, but not that fast - and I know some people would say buy a controller, but we don't all have money to spare at this moment and I manage to play my other RPGs using just my basic keyboard controls. This game is why I find myself going back to older ones that were more logical to use and keyboard friendly. I play my computer games to unwind, not get even more wound up.
Going back to play Dragon Age: Origins for the thousandth time - W, A, D and mouse click - bliss!!!!!

DarkJeff
06-23-2011, 08:28 AM
Indeed, Diablo was released on the Playstation as well as on PC.
Diablo was ported over to the Playstation two years after it came out. It wasn't that good in comparison to the PC/Mac version, or in comparison to other Playstation games.

sett654
06-23-2011, 08:59 AM
bumping because of the multiplayer camera... (it is the WORST, the very worst.)

BUYER BEWARE

xXJayeDuBXx
06-23-2011, 11:22 AM
bumping because of the multiplayer camera... (it is the WORST, the very worst.)

BUYER BEWARE

The very worst camera? Are you sure?

Pentazer
06-23-2011, 07:41 PM
I support this threads intent in that DS3 is terrible, Square is terrible, and consolitis be made an official term.

Scallawag
06-23-2011, 07:51 PM
I support this threads intent in that DS3 is terrible, Square is terrible, and consolitis be made an official term.

It sounds like a disease..

Also known as "lazy developers disease".

How hard is it to make a console (virtual) in the game, a menu that includes *gasp* the ability to bind keys and a decompiler function for the .exe?

sett654
06-24-2011, 07:35 AM
The very worst camera? Are you sure?

yep...

ObiwanMcCartney
06-25-2011, 09:57 AM
Dungeon Siege series is a PC series, not console. If you really want the console kiddies to play it, make it PC-centric and then do a console version dumbed down for the console's inadequacies, instead of making it for console and then simply trying to make a console version work on a PC.

DirtyHarry50
06-25-2011, 03:37 PM
Dungeon Siege series is a PC series, not console. If you really want the console kiddies to play it, make it PC-centric and then do a console version dumbed down for the console's inadequacies, instead of making it for console and then simply trying to make a console version work on a PC.

Well said sir, well said! Have some rep from one PC elitist to another. We are the MASTER Gamers! :D

Cut2TheChase
06-25-2011, 03:49 PM
That is a very idiotic statement. If you don't like the games then don't buy them. DS3 is certainly not perfect, but it's in no way a disaster. Unlike your assumptions about game publishers.

Not idiotic at all, in fact your response was.
The gaming market is absolutely now controlled by big corporations that do not care about quality.
Now they are only focused on money, returns, advertising and hype to sell thier shovelware these days. Least amount of effort max amount of returns. Just look, most games are getting shorter, less quality, less support, no mods support for DLC.
Wake up.
The Devs do there best to give us what we want but they are strangled by the execs who dont play games, don't give a damn and they only care about bottom line. Greed.

And DS3 falls into that category.

=dark3zz=
06-26-2011, 08:23 AM
I agree with the poster here! Its a bigfat Console Port......Its not DS, its just another crap of a game

DirtyHarry50
06-26-2011, 03:55 PM
Bad reviews at Gamespot, IGN and Gametrailers - my three favorite places to check. And this was including the console versions! They blew it. Oh, well. Maybe next time they will get it right IF there is a next time that is.

kreed_uk
06-26-2011, 04:00 PM
Bad reviews at Gamespot, IGN and Gametrailers - my three favorite places to check. And this was including the console versions! They blew it. Oh, well. Maybe next time they will get it right IF there is a next time that is.

I guess there's always other review sites.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/dungeon-siege-3/review.html?mode=web&tag=scoresummary%3Bcritic-score&tag=stitialclk%3Bgamespace

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/dungeon-siege-3/review.html?mode=web&tag=scoresummary%3Bcritic-score

DirtyHarry50
06-26-2011, 04:01 PM
There's no need for more than three trusted sites for me. I've relied on those guys for years and they do a decent enough job of it.

kreed_uk
06-26-2011, 04:04 PM
There's no need for more than three trusted sites for me. I've relied on those guys for years and they do a decent enough job of it.

In other words you are just going to ignore the good reviews which outnumber the bad by quite a bit?

DirtyHarry50
06-26-2011, 04:31 PM
In other words you are just going to ignore the good reviews which outnumber the bad by quite a bit?

Yes. I am.

Aemony
06-26-2011, 05:19 PM

Oh please. Critics are reviewing games in their own biased personal way. Finding out whom has the most similar taste and opinion as yourself is a process in and of itself, a process DirtyHarry50 seemingly has finished by putting his trust in a few sources.

The only way any other source would be interested when you've hit that point is by comparing their previous reviews to games you liked or disliked, so see how aligned they are with your own personality.

DirtyHarry50
06-26-2011, 05:22 PM
It's also worth mention that subjective issues aside, reviews often point out useful information about games such as what sort of saving system they use, etc.

Metro
06-26-2011, 06:01 PM
'nuff said. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paNN2Nmtzw4)

Profane69
06-26-2011, 06:20 PM
'nuff said. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paNN2Nmtzw4)

penny-arcade (http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i-B2C3Rr8/0/L/i-B2C3Rr8-L.jpg)

Metro
06-26-2011, 07:49 PM
Game is already $34 on Amazon and it was released... uh... three days ago?

kreed_uk
06-26-2011, 11:34 PM
Oh please. Critics are reviewing games in their own biased personal way. Finding out whom has the most similar taste and opinion as yourself is a process in and of itself, a process DirtyHarry50 seemingly has finished by putting his trust in a few sources.

The only way any other source would be interested when you've hit that point is by comparing their previous reviews to games you liked or disliked, so see how aligned they are with your own personality.

There are many different reviewers on those game sites this would be impossible to do. The smartest approach is to look at as many reviews as you can. To ignore the final scores of 20 other sites is just silly.

After completing the game I would say that it deserves 8/10.

You've posted that like 5 times now. It's really not that funny.

Game is already $34 on Amazon and it was released... uh... three days ago?

Uh.. most newly released PC games have dropped in price on Amazon. Did you even bother to look at the other releases?

I like this game, not enough to defend it. However some of the stuff being posted on this forum to discredit this game is just way to damn silly.

Hell Scream
06-27-2011, 01:03 AM
You've posted that like 5 times now. It's really not that funny.

Yeh it is, it sums up the multiplayer pretty damn well.

"Hey lets play multiplayer, where i get everything, and you get nothing."

what is this, the new erra of ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ multiplayer?

Also, all these people saying that dumming the game down is what the devs wanted, and all that. Personally i've always loved playing on my pc for the reason that its more complex and involving. If i want slow reaction time needs, less buttons, less options, less of everything realy, I have a PS3 in my living room.

WTB key binding option.

I dont go buying a brand new car and then have a conversation with the manufacturer that goes something like this;

Me: "hey, do you think i can turn left with the steering wheel?"

Manufacturer: "No sorry sir, you need to use the break pedal to turn left, Left on the steering wheel is to recline your seat."

Me: "Well do you think you could fix that?"

Manufacturer: "Were working on a fix at the moment, but that's probably six months away, you'll just have to drive like that for now"

Me: "uhu"

Aemony
06-27-2011, 03:00 AM
There are many different reviewers on those game sites this would be impossible to do. The smartest approach is to look at as many reviews as you can. To ignore the final scores of 20 other sites is just silly.

To use an analogy of friends and random people: If three of my closest friends said a game is bad I would take their word for it. I aren't really interested in what people whom I don't know think about the game, since every material is bound to have people whom (dis)like it.

I agree with you that the smartest approach would be to look up as many reviews as you can (a point one can't really debate), but this is all about being efficient. If I know that the reviews of three specific sources has been enough for years already I see no reason to change it until they prove me wrong.

After completing the game I would say that it deserves 8/10.

I haven't played the game myself but since RPS/Eurogamer gave the game 8/10 I'd say that would be close to what I might have rated the game if I had actually played it.

chicken-
03-17-2014, 03:05 PM
Just wanted to say that most of the stuff is bindable now and I haven't had many issues with the controls. I'm usually the one complaining about such things. My friend tries to get me to play a lot of these types of games and I usually hate them due to the click-to-move mechanics and wish I could just have movement keys and dynamic combat rather than clicking to move to a spot and then standing still to attack. I wish they'd make more games in this genre that weren't click to move.

ktchong
07-09-2014, 08:50 PM
I disagree with the original post. I liked Dungeon Siege 3 more than Dungeon Siege 1. Here are my reasons:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3250246

Cmdr. Thanatos
07-09-2014, 09:42 PM
Holy thread necromancy, batman! I didn't even know I was still subscribed to this thread!