PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy MW2 for half price? ($20)

DudeNtheRoom
06-07-2011, 04:20 PM
I need all the different types of opinionated COD ppl in this thread.

This is my view on COD:

Yes, at times it's fun...single player wise. Muiltiplayer is boring. I hate the respawning enemies with a passion. I said after playing MW1 I would never buy another COD game b/c they rehash the same garbage. BLOPS was a gift and it's the worse one of the group and I've played.....I think all of them except MW2.

BUT $20 isn't a bad deal for a few hours of action....stupid action but action nonetheless.

Fox_McCloud
06-07-2011, 04:22 PM
Why not buy a disc copy, it would probably be cheaper

MW2 has respawning enemies and it's horrible

0malley7
06-07-2011, 04:24 PM
Reading what you thought of it, you would hate MW2.

Though I will admit, The color scheme in general is much less drabby and depressing than any of the other CoDs.

Cocacola123
06-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Use that 20 bucks to get Q3 or save it towards RO2 or BF3.

jp_rsardeto
06-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Save time, money and mental health by not buying it. :)

DudeNtheRoom
06-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Why not buy a disc copy, it would probably be cheaper

MW2 has respawning enemies and it's horrible

Last Xmas my mom bought me MW2 from Gamestop. It was a suprise gift and she forgot to take the price tag off. It was $59.99.

So this will probably be the cheapest.

Kibblesman
06-07-2011, 04:33 PM
Go buy STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl instead. Much better game with more replayablity.

arisaka
06-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Or you could get UT2004 for $15.

jsmucha
06-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Last Xmas my mom bought me MW2 from Gamestop. It was a suprise gift and she forgot to take the price tag off. It was $59.99.

So this will probably be the cheapest.

-Ugh, this is why I don't let people buy me games anymore. No one knows me. :mad::(:(

DudeNtheRoom
06-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Or you could get UT2004 for $15.

I have it. The last time I installed it there was NOBODY on except a few ppl in Face Classic.

-Ugh, this is why I don't let people buy me games anymore. No one knows me. :mad::(:(

Well, it was my mom so I'm not complaining. I was, however, pissed that she got ripped off into buying a more than a year old game for $60. I brought it back and got BLOPS for $50 and Farcry 2 for $10.

l4nd0fc0nfu510n
06-07-2011, 05:09 PM
Why would you buy MW2 at all, regardless of price, when there are so many better games out there?

Microshocky
06-07-2011, 05:11 PM
MW2 is one of the worst games of all time. So stop trying to convince yourself that any price for that game is worth it. It was worth the money at launch, now its just stupid.

Cocacola123
06-07-2011, 05:12 PM
Get Killing Floor!

bluz74
06-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Buy FEAR instead!

I was considering buying CoD4 but they can bite the big one if they think I'll pay 15 bucks for that game. :p

ichrono21
06-07-2011, 05:19 PM
I would get Bad Company 2. If you look at my profile I have over 150 hours played on BLOPS and MW2 but I always recommend BC2 over CoD especially if the price is the same.

PowerfulGiraffe
06-07-2011, 05:20 PM
I am saving up my money to buy the HD updates of Ico/Shadow Of The Colossus collection for PS3 which is only $40 once it comes out.

I want to support developers that are actually doing great things. I am getting depressed at how popular Call of Duty is. I heard a ton of people talking about it today, so sad.

I am supporting Team Ico and Valve all the way, they deserve it.

freeloader105
06-07-2011, 05:22 PM
I hate to say this, but at $20, it's worth for the single player and co-op missions, alone. I've always disliked MW2 MP on PC, so I don't recommend it, though.

LeetJohn
06-07-2011, 05:22 PM
MW2 is a good time waster. No matter what anyone says, it's a good game. You will get at least 50 hours out of it.

Menice22
06-07-2011, 05:24 PM
MW2 is one of the worst games of all time. So stop trying to convince yourself that any price for that game is worth it. It was worth the money at launch, now its just stupid.

It's not that bad, dude.

I don't know why you hate it, it's a pretty FUN game.

You got the campaign mode, which is awesome, and action-movieyey.

After that, it's Museum, where you get all the guns.

Spec Ops, really fun mission modes, ESPECIALLY with friends.

And the multi-player, while aggravating, is really fun, addicting, and great.

I say go for the sale, even if some think the game sucks, the price it's at now is worth it.

Microshocky
06-07-2011, 05:30 PM
It's not that bad, dude.

I don't know why you hate it, it's a pretty FUN game.

You got the campaign mode, which is awesome, and action-movieyey.

After that, it's Museum, where you get all the guns.

Spec Ops, really fun mission modes, ESPECIALLY with friends.

And the multi-player, while aggravating, is really fun, addicting, and great.

I say go for the sale, even if some think the game sucks, the price it's at now is worth it.

No. It's not. The SP has good moments but the story is just incoherent nonsense with a cliffhanger ending. The Spec Ops stuff had SOME good missions but most of it was filler.

The multiplayer is the worst by far, glitches and hackers EVERYWHERE, the spawning is broken, the bugs are endless. And its not just that, its the gameplay too. It's broken by design, because of the killstreak stacking. Get 5 kills, use the predator missile to kill 2 people, then sit there while your harrier strike racks you up enough kills to get a chopper gunner.

Broken, pile of ♥♥♥♥ garbage.

Menice22
06-07-2011, 05:32 PM
No. It's not. The SP has good moments but the story is just incoherent nonsense with a cliffhanger ending. The Spec Ops stuff had SOME good missions but most of it was filler.

The multiplayer is the worst by far, glitches and hackers EVERYWHERE, the spawning is broken, the bugs are endless. And its not just that, its the gameplay too. It's broken by design, because of the killstreak stacking. Get 5 kills, use the predator missile to kill 2 people, then sit there while your harrier strike racks you up enough kills to get a chopper gunner.

Broken, pile of ♥♥♥♥ garbage.

I always forget the constant campers, constant kill-streak stackers, constant snipers, constant hackers, lack of dedicated servers, un-balanced weapons, and worst of all:

No Zombies.

Microshocky
06-07-2011, 05:33 PM
I always forget the constant campers, constant kill-streak stackers, constant snipers, constant hackers, lack of dedicated servers, un-balanced weapons, and worst of all:

No Zombies.

I think its best we block MW2 out of our minds. Or maybe we shouldn't so we can warn future generations.

ThePerson5
06-07-2011, 05:35 PM
Save your money and buy GBA games.

Menice22
06-07-2011, 05:35 PM
I think its best we block MW2 out of our minds. Or maybe we shouldn't so we can warn future generations.

Alrighty, I won't look onto any Modern Warfares anymore.

Ever.

Again.

In History.

OHMYGODMW3PREORDER

freeloader105
06-07-2011, 05:42 PM

Meh, look at the storyline as your typical Hollywood movie. I seriously didn't follow most of what happened in MW2. It's probably because I forgot what happened in MW1. But it's not like it matters. If you go to a Michael Bay film (I don't.. but everyone else does), then do you really care for why cars are exploding? Or aren't you more like "OMG that car got OWNED!!" *throws popcorn in the air*?

That's the way I view CoD games nowadays. They started out as something pristine - I'd drink wine and adjust my monocle periodically while I played CoD1 & United Offensive expansion pack. CoD2, already felt consolized and suffered a bit from 'sequelitis'. After CoD2, I kind of started viewing the series as junk food: fun, short-lived, and not good for you in the long term. But still fun. So I won't judge those who buy the game.

PowerfulGiraffe
06-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Save your money and buy GBA games.This is one of the most intelligent ideas I've seen on these forums.

NaggingMaleMan
06-07-2011, 06:00 PM
Are the hackers really that dominant in mw2?

DudeNtheRoom
06-07-2011, 07:05 PM
Just to let the ppl who shared their opinions know....I decided to skip MW2. I realized that it was the price change that enticed me. I don't really see MW2 being worth $20 to me. I could put that toward something else.