PDA

View Full Version : Serious CD Key Problem

Kage_No_Shi
06-07-2011, 04:38 PM
OK, so it seems the retail Version of Armageddon is in fact Steamworks (Didn't know that, was pleasantly surprised). I put the game disk in and it pops up as a Steamworks thing (just like New Vegas did). That's great for me, except for one big issue...

CD Key doesn't work. In fact, it seems incomplete.

Asking other members how many characters were in your CD key. Steam is asking for 5*5 = 25 characters, but the back of my manual only has 3*5 characters. I'm guessing I got a weird printing issue that missed some? It's centered on the back of the box with room on the sides for another 10 characters easy. It wasn't like it was cut off (so not a case where there is an large blank spot on only the right or left side).

Region: Canada

Augusta
06-07-2011, 06:31 PM
We found an issue with cd keys earlier today, but fixed it. If your cd key still does not work, please PM me and I'll look into it.

Kage_No_Shi
06-08-2011, 03:44 AM
Am I the only one with this issue? I've seen no other threads with this sort of complaint.

Also, I PMed you Augusta.

Godspeed1
06-08-2011, 05:43 AM
i bought mine off direct2drive and got a 15 character key as well, the installer ask for 25char key and i just enter mine and leave the other 2 box blank and activated/install accordingly :D

Kage_No_Shi
06-08-2011, 07:26 AM
i bought mine off direct2drive and got a 15 character key as well, the installer ask for 25char key and i just enter mine and leave the other 2 box blank and activated/install accordingly :DYep, I tried it again just now and it works.

It wasn't working earlier this morning (I tried again at like 7:30 AM EST or something).

Whatever the problem was, I guess it is fixed now.