PDA

View Full Version : Computer beeps constantly while playing the demo. . .

MaximumSquid
06-07-2011, 11:48 PM
I just want to be clear here. . .
The beeps are coming from my computer (not my speakers)

I can rule out overheating so I'm fairly certain it is a memory issue and as much as I'd like to blame my own rig for it no other game I own does this. . .

That is also the good news
Installing the demo hasn't messed up anything else on my machine so is there something wacky I should try or can I assume that the game just runs like "Hot Garbage" when it's not being ran on it's native environment?

jimmyfi
06-07-2011, 11:49 PM
try running memtest. could be also hw problem.. just in case.. or its your GPU .... check check :)

MaximumSquid
06-08-2011, 12:24 AM
jimmyfi:

The only USB drive I have available to me right now doubles as an MP3 player and is actually too large to have plugged in at the same time as my mouse

Long story short, the memtest installer doesn't support keyboard only so for the moment this is out of the question

I might give some newer Vid Drivers a roll. . .
No promises, but if I find anything useful I'll be back with any info I find

s4nder
06-08-2011, 12:58 AM
DS3 is transforming your PC into a console!

Friendliest
06-08-2011, 04:26 AM
DS3 is transforming your PC into a console!

yeah I was going to say... it's the "XBOX bios not detected!" warning! ;)

as for the real problem...

if u mean "CONSTANTLY" constantly, like it's practically a continuous tone, this sounds like what PCs do when u hold down a key for too long when CPU or input processing is already maxxed. so, I would just for kicks check keyboard/mouse connections, make sure no keys are stuck, etc. if u have any controller plugged in, I would unplug it and/or just mess around with it to make sure nothing is "stuck" etc. could easily be some jive, "let's emulate the keyboard/mouse into gamepad messages" code in the game itself.

if u mean "repeatedly" as in "constantly but with gaps in between" then this is more likely a true message from your mobo about memory or other bios issues, but why it would be doing that after bios/boot time, is unusual and unknown to me.

all in all I tend to lean more towards the first explanation, and beyond that, let me & plenty others assure you: you are not missing out on much if anything by not playing this demo.