PDA

View Full Version : Poll the audience

HorrorScope
06-08-2011, 07:50 PM
Obliviously everyone here wanted to like the game otherwise you wouldn't have tried it out. Reading I think we have resounding dissatisfaction with the game for a few reasons, I think camera control being the A1 complaint.

Now wouldn't you like to expect that the developers reading this to take it to heart and correct such issues? Or do you foresee stubbornness on their behalf and this won't be addressed in the least, this is the game like it or not?

dozerking
06-08-2011, 07:56 PM
Camera Control is atrocious. Controlling the character is even worse. I WANT to like this game, I want a dungeon crawler that works on PC.

Imagine is gamepad users on Console had to deal with a Mouse Cursor to move around with thumbsticks? They'd be infuriated for a good reason. Games have to match a platform.

Cranick
06-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Note/Disclaimer: Keep in mind, my opinion is based of the fact that this is a PC game, and PC gamers have used mouse and keyboards for a long time now and that will never change unless it becomes to the point were we can just talk and it will do our movements for us. I should not have to buy a 360 Controller FOR A PC GAME, NO EXCUSE. Also my opinion is based on the fact that IT SHOULD BE PART OF THE SERIES NOT AN ENTIRELY SEPARATE GAME.

I wanted a Dungeon Siege game, I didn't get anything that was like that. More like Fantasy Dungeon Explorer XXX.

Presentation, well they sure can market their game, but it won't get a cent of my money after playing the demo and realizing how butchered the series was.

Controls were GREAT with a ****ing controller.
Controls were HORRIBLE with native keyboard and mouse.

Gameplay was Mediocre, with no hints of the previous series involved in it. Definitely consolized, not even a hint of pc in this. No real danger, can pretty much smash buttons and not even look and it still isn't satisfying. Also keep in mind, this is judging the fact that this is not even using any functionality from its previous Dungeon Siege game... Like... CUSTOMIZATION, or LEVELING UP WHATEVER YOU WANT (Specific Spells, Ranged, Melee), in this you have no choice but a few options and those lead to a few more options.... really... consolized, that's all they did.

Story was dumb, its a hack and slash, It's not the time to ask me fifty questions on how my day was, I just want to kill ****.

Sound was horrible, with the game, chick had a horrible voice acting (the 2nd hero). The background sound was not exactly stylized to the locations I felt. There was also no feeling of real danger when you were getting close to dying.

Lasting Appeal is totally not in the chemistry of this game. Even if you played through it once, I would no way want to go through the same tedious quests, process, and killing again with this game, has no type of substance to keep me in.

Graphics were GREAT but when it comes as a game as a whole, I prefer fantastic gameplay with ****ty graphics than fantastic graphics and horrible gameplay.

Thanks but no thanks.

jpnole
06-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Postponing my purchase until the camera and controls are fixed. Even then I may wait to see if Gamespot or metacritic users grade it favorably.

Davudu
06-08-2011, 09:38 PM
This game might be good, but I'll never find out because it's clearly a console game and I play PC games. I played the demo for like 10 minutes and I just won't deal with the terrible controls.. It played fine with the controller, terrible with mouse/keyboard. Lack of character customization, lack of open world... won't be buying.

provitiligo
06-08-2011, 11:41 PM
I'll add my 2 cents. Just played demo and, man, it SUCKS SO MUCH! Controls are AWFUL, graphics are SOOOOOO console-ish, that even turning off blur doesn't help. All the rest I wasn't even able to estimate thoroughly, because uninstalled it almost immediately. Definitely WORST game in Dungeon/Space Siege series.

CYNip
06-09-2011, 02:34 AM
I'll add my 2 cents. Just played demo and, man, it SUCKS SO MUCH! Controls are AWFUL, graphics are SOOOOOO console-ish, that even turning off blur doesn't help. All the rest I wasn't even able to estimate thoroughly, because uninstalled it almost immediately. Definitely WORST game in Dungeon/Space Siege series.

can't say it's worse than space siege yet, it would be quite a feat.

However, this game sucks as a pc game.

Mikey-
06-09-2011, 03:16 AM
Obliviously everyone here wanted to like the game otherwise you wouldn't have tried it out. Reading I think we have resounding dissatisfaction with the game for a few reasons, I think camera control being the A1 complaint.

Now wouldn't you like to expect that the developers reading this to take it to heart and correct such issues? Or do you foresee stubbornness on their behalf and this won't be addressed in the least, this is the game like it or not?

Wrong, wrong, wrong... just so wrong.

The haters are out in full force. The people who like this game are happy, and therefore are silent. I like this game hugely, and have been taking heaps of abuse because of it... heaps. Most people are going to say, screw that, I don't need abuse because I like something.

karl84
06-09-2011, 03:21 AM

The haters are out in full force. The people who like this game are happy, and therefore are silent. I like this game hugely, and have been taking heaps of abuse because of it... heaps. Most people are going to say, screw that, I don't need abuse because I like something.

you mean those who disappointed by the game also need to keep silent? :x

Arnagast
06-09-2011, 05:00 AM
I don't see haters. Just PC users as this is a PC Demo and DS1 and DS2 were PC games comming here and just being honest. How can so many people come here and say the same and be wrong... the game is wrong in so many ways but if you personally like it..great.

Personally I don't believe anything gamespy or any other like them say, I like to try a game for myself and make my own mind up and this DS3 demo has done that, take my hat of to them for giving us a demo instead of making us waste our good earned money. I for one don't buy games anymore with out comming to forums like this one and finding out the truth about a game whether its good or bad. You get honest opinions and that has saved me wasting my money in the past and will continue to save me money in the future.

HorrorScope
06-09-2011, 08:11 AM

You have a one track mind in this. I stated clearly that everyone who downloaded the demo wanted a good game, it's sort of one of those things that should go without saying but a certain someone makes you have to still say it. So it's not like we went in hoping not to like it. You are struggling that people can have their own opinion that differs from your own.

The point of this thread is, if you like it or not, people have issues with the controls in this game and I am stating I am not buying a MS Gamepad (my thrustmaster isn't recognized, wonderful) for this game either, I will accept gifting though. So that leaves the dev's with a decision, fix K/M or lose sales. Their choice.

Now you simply don't care, but you have no skin in this. There has been a resounding kickback from the player-base. Are they going to ignore us? Or are they going to address K/M in this game? To me it's simple and to the point.

I don't habitually troll Steam forums with negativity, I do speak my 2 cents, sort of the point to all of this. This game came across so poorly on the control end I used my right to bring that to the Dev's attention, as SquareEnix's DS3 forums are locked.

My June 21rst decision at this time is how Cursed Crusade comes out of the oven now. DS3 will need a patch with either another demo or a lot of feedback that the issue was addressed. This isn't your opinion, or Joe Blow's, that is mine and I'm being clear to the games marketeers my situation. They have every right to take it or leave it. There has been zero feedback from the developers that I am aware of, I'm sure they will use E3 as an excuse, but nor hearing from them soon means I care more then they do, in my little world.

And to restate the last poster. If you like it, great! I haven't attacked you for liking it. You are not my issue. Game control center stage.

Witchers
06-09-2011, 08:22 AM
Since my point is rather simple, i wanted a successor for Dungeon Siege 1/2 with similar but improved and expanded gameplay.

Arnagast
06-09-2011, 10:50 AM
And to restate the last poster. If you like it, great! I haven't attacked you for liking it. You are not my issue. Game control center stage.

If that was me, sorry I was aiming my post more at Mikey not your post. I don't like to aim and name at someone if I can help it, that way it keeps things civil.

No I don't like the game in its current state, infact it seems a totally different game to the previous DS1/2. Anyway I wasn't attacking you, sorry for the miss understanding.

RA_Fox
06-09-2011, 10:57 AM
Finally got to play it and I must say it's not that bad, on it's own, because I don't take it as Dungeon Siege game, but an action rpg.

Controls are extremely uncomfortable for a pc user. Otherwise, it could be quite enjoyable, but unfortunately only for a short time or 1 runthrough, for me. So it's highly passable.

Not god awful, not great either.