PDA

View Full Version : Hitman Contracts Steam Appeal

DarkIce
06-09-2011, 04:11 PM
If you'd like to help release Hitman Contracts on steam, there's a group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/HitmanContractsEnthusiasts

The reason the game isn't on Steam is because the copyright for the song "Immortal" by the band "Clutch" in the level "Rendezvouz in Rotterdam" wasn't able to be renewed.

DuckStab
06-10-2011, 03:59 AM
Just joined. Listened to the song as well. It's absolutely ♥♥♥♥ing AWFUL. Why the hell was a song like that in a Hitman game? It doesn't fit AT ALL. The fact that this song is the sole reason the game isn't on Steam makes it that much worse. I'd like to personally spit in the face of each member of that band. :mad:

Jito463
06-11-2011, 07:57 AM
A) Valve can't just decide to add a game to Steam. The publisher has to do that.

B) It's my understanding that it's the publisher of the song, who is causing the problems. Not the band itself (although, I have to agree that it's horrible, and should just be removed).

DarkIce
06-11-2011, 07:31 PM
Just joined. Listened to the song as well. It's absolutely ♥♥♥♥ing AWFUL. Why the hell was a song like that in a Hitman game? It doesn't fit AT ALL. The fact that this song is the sole reason the game isn't on Steam makes it that much worse. I'd like to personally spit in the face of each member of that band. :mad:

Thanks for joining! I really can't understand why they don't remove it, it is a stupid reason. Perhaps they don't like too much money. :p

A) Valve can't just decide to add a game to Steam. The publisher has to do that.

B) It's my understanding that it's the publisher of the song, who is causing the problems. Not the band itself (although, I have to agree that it's horrible, and should just be removed).

No one said it was because of Valve or that it was up to Valve to add Contracts.

How do you know if it's the publisher or the band that has caused the issue?

kara_bulut
06-11-2011, 10:57 PM
They should just use the Hitman 2 soundtracks Jasper Kyd made, those are beatiful.

Vic_Rattlehead
06-13-2011, 01:15 PM
They should just use the Hitman 2 soundtracks Jasper Kyd made, those are beatiful.

Yeah, because orchestra music would really be playing in a greasy, seedy, back-alley biker bar.

And those of you that don't like the song: that's your opinion, it was included because it fits with the theme of the mission.

Go buy Contracts off eBay or Amazon, it's REALLY cheap.

jagris
07-09-2011, 10:13 PM
After listening to that song, I think my ears started to bleed. That was just terrible.

Detinator73
07-10-2011, 03:46 PM
If you'd like to help release Hitman Contratcs on steam, there's a group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/HitmanContractsEnthusiasts

Already joined. I believe that the users who purchased Hitman Collection should receive Hitman Contracts for free. Definately, it does not feel like a collection at all. Steam games are meant to be sold but if I can't get it for the PC, the best thing to do is to buy the game on Amazon or Ebay and buy a boxed copy (which is very bad for the environment).

DarkIce
08-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Already joined. I believe that the users who purchased Hitman Collection should receive Hitman Contracts for free. Definately, it does not feel like a collection at all. Steam games are meant to be sold but if I can't get it for the PC, the best thing to do is to buy the game on Amazon or Ebay and buy a boxed copy (which is very bad for the environment).

Thanks for joining! On one of my announcements, you can find links the the cheapest copies of Contracts.

bmate
09-08-2011, 12:32 AM
I think the song is pretty good, too bad Contracts isn't available though.

BurningCa007
09-09-2011, 03:21 AM
You can get it on amazon for $10 if you're desperate to play it, however yes it should be released on steam and given to the people who own the collection for free...

kaji1985
09-11-2011, 06:55 AM
I'm going to join asap (some connection problems I suppose, I can't get in the group page).

I felt a little tricked when I discovered there was a missing title in the Hitman collection bundle: Valve should point out that and the reasons behind this ackward situation in the bundle's description page. This would make Valve's position spotless and add a little pressure on the ones that are causing this issue arguing on petty disputes.

TheMysterD
10-10-2011, 12:25 PM
Why don't they remove the song?
Or replace it w/ something else?

DarkIce
12-18-2011, 07:40 PM
Thanks to anyone else who has joined!

Why don't they remove the song?
Or replace it w/ something else?

It's very annoying that they haven't for some reason, it doesn't make any sense.

slipknotts
12-19-2011, 09:25 PM
If you'd like to help release Hitman Contratcs on steam, there's a group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/HitmanContractsEnthusiasts

joined. I already have Contracts retail disk version, but I'm all for seeing it on Steam. Has anyone tried emailing Io Interactive or Square Eidos and asking them directly?

DarkIce
12-22-2011, 09:46 AM
joined. I already have Contracts retail disk version, but I'm all for seeing it on Steam. Has anyone tried emailing Io Interactive or Square Eidos and asking them directly?

Thanks for joining!

Some have emailed them before, but if people keep emailing there's a higher chance they'll do something about it.

Here's one of the responses (21st October 2009): http://steamcommunity.com/groups/HitmanContractsEnthusiasts/announcements/detail/73342370214884724

Thank you for contacting the EIDOS Online Customer Support Team

Thank you for your interest in our games. Our support agents do not have
information regarding release dates of future products, program updates or
patches. Please consult our web page for information regarding upcoming
titles and updates from Eidos at http://www.eidosinteractive.com for release
information or www.eidosinteractive.com/support/index.html for patches.

As for Hitman Contracts not being available in Steam. This game has issues with copyright music laws and therefore we do not know as of a release date for Steam.

DarkIce
01-27-2012, 05:00 AM
Bumping so people can see.

Banzure
02-25-2012, 01:58 PM
I bought all the games retail, years ago, but why Contracts was not in the "Collections" puzzles me. Contracts and Blood Money are the best Hitman games, or at least so I belive. But all games were made by IOI, I dont see a reason to not include it. The copyright thing seems... odd, almost like a joke.

Frigid
02-25-2012, 11:50 PM
Man... I miss that hotel mission. They should just replace the missing song with this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyMd2BYt_zo&t=2m23s).

erwem576
02-28-2012, 10:34 AM
I bought all the games retail, years ago, but why Contracts was not in the "Collections" puzzles me. Contracts and Blood Money are the best Hitman games, or at least so I belive. But all games were made by IOI, I dont see a reason to not include it. The copyright thing seems... odd, almost like a joke.

Agreed 100 percent.

F the song. Just get the game on here already. This is past silly.

DarkIce
02-28-2012, 02:06 PM
Agreed 100 percent.

F the song. Just get the game on here already. This is past silly.

Amazing how many people want to give them money yet they still won't remove the small song.

erwem576
02-29-2012, 12:43 PM
Amazing how many people want to give them money yet they still won't remove the small song.

LOL, isn't it?

Make me wonder if there's really something else going on.

KainKlarden
03-22-2012, 10:15 AM
So, the sale is on, i love the games and still have them on cds. and want to buy them ALL on steam. and i can't. because of one stupid song that can simply be changed for something else? this is just stupid. i love Contracts and don't want to buy the collection without it.

Sleech Demon
03-22-2012, 08:44 PM
Anyone saying that the song is bad has awful taste in music.

DarkIce
05-18-2012, 05:15 AM
Bump.

MasterCrumble
05-18-2012, 05:54 AM
I joined too. :) I hope for the best.

Teh_Barbarian
05-18-2012, 09:47 AM
Why not just patch the song out?

Cornson
05-19-2012, 01:53 PM
I'm going to join asap (some connection problems I suppose, I can't get in the group page).

I felt a little tricked when I discovered there was a missing title in the Hitman collection bundle: Valve should point out that and the reasons behind this ackward situation in the bundle's description page. This would make Valve's position spotless and add a little pressure on the ones that are causing this issue arguing on petty disputes.

the worst is that i bought the bundle to get hitman contract -.-'

DarkIce
05-21-2012, 07:24 PM
I joined too. :) I hope for the best.

Thanks MasterCrumble and any others who have joined!

monkey9000
05-26-2012, 06:37 AM
in regards to the song...

yea it's not my type of music either but I think it fits the setting very well (biker bar)

pitor
06-04-2012, 06:08 AM
I joined the group. I will send e-mails in a few minutes. I would rather have ANY song deleted from the game, rather than being unable to buy the game. REMOVE the song and post H:C on steam ffs!!! I have this on disk, but I want it on steam.

EDIT - E-mails sent.

Doom972
06-10-2012, 10:36 PM
While the song might not be to your taste, it fits very well in a biker gang's hangout. You actually hear it in only one room and not the entire mission.
I guess removing it should solve the problem, as it doesn't have that much effect on the game anyway.
Some people might be upset about getting a lesser version on Steam when they could get a very slightly better version on retail at the same price.
It should also be mentioned that up until now, Contracts is the least game in the series since it practically served as filler between Hitman 2 and Blood Money since most of it takes place in 47's mind.

erwem576
06-18-2012, 10:13 AM
While the song might not be to your taste, it fits very well in a biker gang's hangout. You actually hear it in only one room and not the entire mission.
I guess removing it should solve the problem, as it doesn't have that much effect on the game anyway.
Some people might be upset about getting a lesser version on Steam when they could get a very slightly better version on retail at the same price.

The song is a non issue IMO and I have a hard time believing anyone would base a purchase on whether it's there or not. These days, this game is dirt cheap anyways.

It should also be mentioned that up until now, Contracts is the least game in the series since it practically served as filler between Hitman 2 and Blood Money since most of it takes place in 47's mind.

That's kind of harsh, though. Contracts really has some nice missions. It's a shame this stupidity is STILL dragging out.

Scorpio27
06-18-2012, 10:31 AM
Been waiting for so long for Contracts on Steam I bought on disc for like 4

johnnydeep
06-22-2012, 01:05 AM
I would buy it. If it was on steam. shame!
I do not buy many retail pc games now.
Becuse of my illness, I just cant get out as much.

IDefectedI
06-22-2012, 05:32 PM
If you'd like to help release Hitman Contracts on steam, there's a group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/HitmanContractsEnthusiasts

The reason the game isn't on Steam is because the copyright for the song "Immortal" by the band "Clutch" in the level "Rendezvouz in Rotterdam" wasn't able to be renewed.

what boggles the mind is why developers still support over paid musicians when they can find independent music on Soundcloud