PDA

View Full Version : stepehn Merchant in Jnomeo and Juliet.

TeamMedic
06-09-2011, 05:21 PM
watching jnomeo and Juliet, i noticed that that nerdy gnome Juliet's dad wanted her to meet sounded like Wheatly and i had to make sure i looked on wikipedia and lo and behold wheatly plays that nerdy gnome!! LOL i love wheatly

greenblur
06-09-2011, 05:36 PM
When I was watching "Gnomeo and Juliet" I noticed the nerdy gnome, Juliet's dad, sounded a lot like Wheately. I had to make sure so I went to Wikipedia, and guess what! Stephen Merchant plays that Juliet's Father! [generic internet laugh representation] I love STEPHEN MERCHANT

Fixed' for you.

I haven't seen Gnomeo and Juliet yet so I don't know if the nerdy gnome you speak of is Juliet's father. that's just what I interpreted from it.

Harry101
06-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Yup, Smerch has been in a few films / programmes recently. Yet his character never changes! He's awesome. :p

I've been listening to him since his radio days with Gervais. :D

TeamMedic
06-09-2011, 05:43 PM
what i mean to say was that Juliet's Father introduces him as her would be love interest....(also I get a vague sense of making fun of nerds every time i see something like that....But eh it's just old archetypes and all, (the nerd does get the girl in real life so...LOL)) (uh i think i'm ranting)

frogboy316
06-09-2011, 06:19 PM
Yes, Stephen Merchant was the voice actor for the nerd "Paris".

Xia
06-09-2011, 07:21 PM
Stephen Merchant was also in the Tooth Fairy that recently came out with Dwayne Johnson.

Also, of course, the extra and the British office.

jimmysmitty
06-09-2011, 07:38 PM
Speaking of Portal 2 voices in other media, I swear I keep hearing J K Simmons on a Geico commercial when I listen to Slacker.

But yes, SM was great in Gnomeo and Juliet. And the Tooth Fairy. Just wish he was used more in G&J because his part was too small really.

Strong I
06-09-2011, 11:34 PM
I saw Gnomeo and Juliet with a friend once.

It was a film with an amazing, great cast, that it proceeded to do nothing with.

geitliefje
06-10-2011, 05:33 AM
I've not seen that yet, though I'll probably end up taking a look since the Smerch is in it. I've got tickets to see one of his stand-up gigs in September, can't wait! :D

TeamMedic
06-10-2011, 12:08 PM
you know stephen should be glad he worked on portal 2 look at all the publicity he's getting!!! and on that note, he'll forever be associated and remembered first by his portrail of wheatly, the second funniest pc ever (Glados being the fisrt)
the the space sphere, then rick and the fact sphere i think?

mobilpcguru
06-10-2011, 12:19 PM
yep I was just about to say that.