PDA

View Full Version : Great game! but not Duke!

Creaturemagic
06-10-2011, 01:05 AM
Hey guys, all I really wanted to say is Duke Nukem Forever is a great game, a very solid experience for an FPS fan. For a Duke fan, not so much. The game is a great game with duke thrown in the title and his 1 liners put in-game. Now at first that sounds like a great game. But its a great game that no-one was expecting. What I mean as we were all expecting a Duke game, what we got a not a Duke game. Needless to say many people will have fun and love the game, thats becuase its a good game, just not what we expected from Duke. Sorry but that mnay years and we don't even get TRUE DUKE? Please feel free to flame (I know I'm suppose to say don't flame but its the Duke forums and everyone can share their opinion.)

tinsteelviper
06-10-2011, 01:19 AM
So were games such as Manhattan Project, Land of the babes, and time to kill duke games? What makes a true duke game?

greath
06-10-2011, 01:36 AM
Com'on! He means that this game is no successor of duke 3d of course.

TimM
06-10-2011, 01:38 AM
The developers decide what is a Duke game not you, sorry, feel free to flame me.

It could have lots of pink bunnies and it would be just as Duke as the first game or even more, just by the developers saying so.

Stawkur
06-10-2011, 01:49 AM
The developers decide what is a Duke game not you, sorry, feel free to flame me.

It could have lots of pink bunnies and it would be just as Duke as the first game or even more, just by the developers saying so.

LOL, this game is ALL DUKE, Over the TOP crazy fun, Back when original was released certain OVER the top wasnt allowed in games and it didnt have the tech to be DNF... This is a Duke game thru and thru...

Darkie1337
06-10-2011, 02:00 AM
LOL, this game is ALL DUKE, Over the TOP crazy fun, Back when original was released certain OVER the top wasnt allowed in games and it didnt have the tech to be DNF... This is a Duke game thru and thru...

...apart from the mass weapons you got in the old Duke Nukem games and the entire health system back in the old games.

No, Its not a "duke game thru and thru". It breaks two quite major compenents about Duke Nukem. The ability to waste your way through enemies with whichever gun you wanted and the fact you had to actually be careful with your health and not just be a metal-eating blood-wiping maniac.

YellowTree
06-10-2011, 02:12 AM
I only played a couple of levels but it's good alright. I love all the references to the old games. "Red keycard? I don't need no red keycard!" *breaks door open

Creaturemagic
06-10-2011, 02:56 AM
My first complaint, Why do I have to do a turret section? Why do I have to play mini-games? Why am I driving? Why is the mouse control so bad? Why do I have to go where the game ants me to? I mean in Duke 3D I went different paths all the time, in DNF I am about to go somewhere when something falls and stops me or invisible walls are stoping me, Why is this so Damn Linear? Waste of my ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ money. I suppose my last hope for just a FUN shooter will be Serious Sam 3.

YellowTree
06-10-2011, 03:19 AM
DN3D was linear, it just didn't feel that way because you had to run circles in order to find different keycards. And blow up an alien once and a while.

lagrenouille
06-10-2011, 03:56 AM

And players make Duke such a hit...

JoxerNL
06-10-2011, 03:59 AM
Hey guys, all I really wanted to say is Duke Nukem Forever is a great game, a very solid experience for an FPS fan. For a Duke fan, not so much. The game is a great game with duke thrown in the title and his 1 liners put in-game. Now at first that sounds like a great game. But its a great game that no-one was expecting. What I mean as we were all expecting a Duke game, what we got a not a Duke game. Needless to say many people will have fun and love the game, thats becuase its a good game, just not what we expected from Duke. Sorry but that mnay years and we don't even get TRUE DUKE? Please feel free to flame (I know I'm suppose to say don't flame but its the Duke forums and everyone can share their opinion.)

I cant help but wonder if you were even born when DN3D was released :)
Also after every ". " mr. enterkey would be all to happy if you could give him a light tapp, to make it a better read in the end.

michael89
06-10-2011, 04:29 AM
My only complaints are the two weapon - system and the regenerative health.
Otherwise its duke.