PDA

View Full Version : Wait what? [spoilers]

liho1eye
06-10-2011, 05:28 PM
She didn't turn into zombie to try to seduce hero to teh dark side in the final battle? I am confused...

NanoIce
06-10-2011, 07:45 PM
lol I was expecting that as well what a hot character.... (sigh!) Dont like when the cutsence tht she's dead...

Meist3r
06-13-2011, 09:13 PM
Yeah the way she died was very anti-climatic...

NanoIce
06-13-2011, 11:19 PM
Yup at least let her die on a falling cliff or the walker explode<--this is only for the scene that she really have to die, otherwise I sure hope she didnt die and have a co-op campaign during the last 2 levels, which is Mason and kara kik the bugs S together, sounds rock eh?

p90
06-14-2011, 01:38 AM
Yup at least let her die on a falling cliff or the walker explode<--this is only for the scene that she really have to die, otherwise I sure hope she didnt die and have a co-op campaign during the last 2 levels, which is Mason and kara kik the bugs S together, sounds rock eh?

Funny, for me her death scene was the only good thing in the story and I really felt sad.

NanoIce
06-14-2011, 08:19 PM
Well, I cant say much abt that if u think that the story line is the best to end it that way. Bcuz due movies, we have seen a lot of happy ending and yet we know it's always not that "cinematic" in real life ... haha... but we still love it. Well, if your opinion that she died is the best thing happen then u probably love the storyline than I do. Btw, I felt shocking rather than sad when I saw the tentacle back stab her and pull her into the "ground".

p90
06-14-2011, 10:42 PM
Well, I cant say much abt that if u think that the story line is the best to end it that way. Bcuz due movies, we have seen a lot of happy ending and yet we know it's always not that "cinematic" in real life ... haha... but we still love it. Well, if your opinion that she died is the best thing happen then u probably love the storyline than I do. Btw, I felt shocking rather than sad when I saw the tentacle back stab her and pull her into the "ground".

If I say "good" I do not mean what it is the only way it could end or anything but what it was a good way to end it.
Nether expected it, was rally taken of guard by it. No overplay or anything, no star wars scream scene just the unbelieving and then understanding with the determination to end it now in masons eyes. Only part of the story were I even cared about this characters. And it really made me skip a breath as I was so surprised and moved. Had she come back as a zombie it would have totally ruined this scene and made the story even more generic as it already is.

starlinvf
06-14-2011, 11:11 PM
Anyone else feel like it was a setup for DLC down the line?

Einzekswei
06-21-2011, 06:04 PM
Anyone else feel like it was a setup for DLC down the line?

No. It's more than clear she's dead regardless. There's nothing what so ever in game that says the aliens have a telepathic ability to control a corpse or an ability which allows them to resurrect something that will turn to their way of thinking...(which negates any excuse for DLC at this point in the game)

Lets not also forget that the events at the end of the game for all intents and purpose kills off the aliens.
The only way the Aliens could ever make a return is if someone was to destroy the processor yet again and locate another section inside the cave network that has what can only be called a "magic seal" which suppresses the aliens abilities/keeps them in stasis or whatever you want to call it.

Most probably if RF5 comes along it'll see the surface of Mars repopulated with Humans with a new threat of piracy, slavers, or another human organisation that wants to exploit Mars and the people on Mars. Can't really see the EDF making a return any time soon.