PDA

View Full Version : Is multiplayer, cross-platform?

killabean
06-10-2011, 11:38 PM
I'm only planning on getting it if it does.

Alienware Gamer
06-11-2011, 12:24 AM
No cross platform as Capcom wasted a lot of time/money doing this on Lost Planet Extreme Colonies but few PC gamers bothered with that so they no longer support cross platform.

Buy Blazblue Calamity Trigger on PC if you want cross platform vs 360 players its an excellent fighting game as good as SF4 on PC!

Just FYI for any PC game to have cross platform it must include that code on the 360 version at launch which is why so few PC games have this it adds to the complexity of the development process & patching cycle so costs increase its pretty pointless.

Peewi
06-11-2011, 02:46 AM
Blazblue is pretty good, but has the unfortunate problem of having a sequel available on consoles, but not on PC.

From what I've heard, Universe at War had been out on 360 for quite a while before a patch that enabled cross platform play was released, so I don't think they have to have it in at the game's launch.

mister_shake
06-11-2011, 08:46 AM
it should have cross platform because they've had a year to develop it, but sadly it doesn't.

armabe
06-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Blazblue is pretty good, but has the unfortunate problem of having a sequel available on consoles, but not on PC.

It actually isn't all that hard to find a game after about 6pm (I'm at +3 GMT). Although you'll have a hard time finding anything other than Ragna/Jin/Noel.

Plus, releasing CS on PC isn't completely out of the question. I hear the CT PC sales actually exceeded their expectations. Though I wouldn't hold my breath for it. Am planning to get a console just for BB.

And yes, I think this should have cross platform netplay (doesn't the Vanilla SFIV have that? I'm pretty sure I've played vs people on consoles. Maybe I'm wrong).

Though I think that PC players should provide a sufficient playerbase as well.

Alienware Gamer
06-11-2011, 03:20 PM

From what I've heard, Universe at War had been out on 360 for quite a while before a patch that enabled cross platform play was released, so I don't think they have to have it in at the game's launch. According to Capcom (who should know) if you want to have PC vs 360 then the 360 DVD version must include that code on the disc otherwise it will never work as you cannot patch the 360 versions exe file. So they must plan both versions to launch at the same time & also ensure the patching on both does not break something on the other platform or vice versa. UAW was released first on PC in Dec 07 so the PC contained the cross platform code then the 360 launched in Mar 08 so both versions were patched at the same time to enable cross platform as that was a big selling point. (UAW is actually a superb RTS on PC with very detailed gfx but Sega abandoned it so the issues were never fixed but as long as you do not use DX10 mode its very stable/playable).

Its pointless anyway PC players will always have an advantage so its a waste of time/money.

killabean
06-12-2011, 09:19 PM
I really wish this was cross platform, then I could play with my friends on 360.

Me2nice
06-13-2011, 09:07 AM
I really wish this was cross platform, then I could play with my friends on 360.

Shoot an email to CAPCOM. See if they'll listen.