PDA

View Full Version : These features would be appreciated by shooter fans

ray_juped
06-11-2011, 11:49 AM
Cave-style tap/hold firing
Add the "Try Again" pause menu option to Gauntlet mode
Some way to make the continue timer count down fast (mashing buttons just makes it continue)

Thanks for a control binding system that isn't stupid, though, as well as 1:1 pixel mapping.

epmode
06-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Agreed on all of these.

Gerk
06-11-2011, 05:20 PM
Tap/hold would be nice, I thought...initially, anyway.

This would really only come in handy for the Beam ship though...and even then, it's a self-instituted handicap, adding a potential slight lag on the beam's activation.

A replay feature would be nice too - nearly every PC shmup has it, and with the amount of love that was poured into this offering, I have to wonder if it was ever considered at least. Heck, even Cho Ren Sha had replays, and that's from, what, 1995?

Giest118
06-11-2011, 05:35 PM
If tap-hold firing IS added, make it optional. I'm sure most of us are already used to the initial control scheme.

I have an alternate solution for the continue screen: Don't make it count down at all. Just have "Yes" or "No" buttons.

Kiljoy66
06-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Hey it's not the devs fault you can't adjust to their games shooting mechanics. :p

TrevHead
06-12-2011, 04:03 AM
Although I like caves tap / hold fire method and Takumi's Mars Matrix everything on one button method. I dont miss it here.

Plus im not sure it would work with the other ship types.