PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Level Design

dogstar060763
06-11-2011, 03:46 PM
Just have to record my appreciation of this game's art direction, most specifically the game's awesome environments. Anyone who has seen Peter Jackson's LotR trilogy and the 'Mines of Moria' section will understand when I say the cavernous interiors of Hunted are truly magnificent.

I've read some moronic criticism of this game (god knows), but the most offensive is that which claims Hunted's environments are 'lazy' or 'uninspired'. I despair at such ignorance. Walking slowly, in dread fear, through Hunted's beautiful, intricate halls of torchlit terror I am constantly impressed with the design. It really is like being transported into the depths of Moria.

This ruined beauty is a triumph of artistic focus and I extend my thanks to the talented people at inXile for the great work they've done here. I don't think I've ever had the privilege to wander such memorable dungeons in any RPG before.

Any game that can regularly make me want to stop and stare, just to drink in the magical vista before me, has already won half the battle as far as I'm concerned. Hunted's countless cathedral-like halls, winding, impossible staircases, vertiginous bridges and treacherous corridors are as much a starring character in this game as either of it's leads or any of it's Orc-like monsters. And the audio design accompanying these scenes complement them perfectly.

Just another reason why I'm already on my second play-through of Hunted and still enjoying every possible moment of it. Still happy to take my time and see it all over again.

What a brilliant surprise this game has been.

wsgroves
06-11-2011, 05:03 PM
Totally agree with everything said here.
I think the environments are very well done.
I am getting ready to start a second play through as well. Waiting to see if I can get my hands on a Demon DLC PC code first and then release a save for everyone with all dlc included in it.

Lt Juno
06-11-2011, 08:26 PM
Nicely put. 100% agree. The game plays and looks great.

enemyofportal
06-11-2011, 08:44 PM
I think that this game is just underestimated by some stupid prejudice. it became one of my favorite games.