PDA

View Full Version : Full game showing up as demo

baldurk
06-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Hey, I just started playing Nimbus. I've quite enjoyed the first few levels, but I think something has gotten a little messed up with my install. The high score tables on the left always say "Not availible[sic] in demo!", and the levels I've played have been Demo 1-1 through Demo 1-6 and Demo 2-1 through Demo 2-4.

I definitely own the game, I've verified local content and even just in case fully deleted and re-downloaded the game, but no dice. I can try deleting my save file/user profile or equivalent but I'm not too sure where it's stored :).

Any ideas?

Strawwmann
06-12-2011, 12:32 AM
I get exactly the same problem. There is a free demo version available on Steam, and I think they must have messed up which version they provide.

There's no point in playing a racing game if you can't keep track of your best time (and compare with online leaderboards). Hopefully they will fix this soon.

Sairon
06-12-2011, 03:35 AM
We haven't patched in a while and this is the first I've heard of the problem. The full game & demo uses the same installation, but if steam reports that the full game isn't bought it reverts into demo. Does your first world look like in this lets play @ 1:44 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48xM49Koycc ?

baldurk
06-12-2011, 03:55 AM
This is the first time I've tried to play nimbus - I didn't buy it in the daily deal sale, I got it a while ago in the steam christmas sale, so I can't say when exactly it broke (or if it ever would have worked, had I played it).

The world definitely doesn't look like that. I uploaded a youtube video showing what my menus and world look like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5BpxMIbXFk.

Sairon
06-12-2011, 04:31 AM
Yeah that's definitely the game reverting into demo because of steam not authenticating it, I don't know enough about steams internals to really debug it, but I'll be firing a line to our contacts over at valve. The best bet, I believe, would be to delete the game from your list of games. Then go into program files/steam/steamapps/common/ and delete the folder Nimbus to make sure that there's no left over files. If that doesn't work I'm afraid it will be hard to come up with a solution until I've talked a bit with valve.

Synithin
06-12-2011, 05:33 AM
I'm having the exact same problem, I'm gonna try deleting the game and deleting it in common in the steam folder as well see if that helps and report back if that works. Though i don't remember at any point downloading the demo on this computer.

But i will get back in 5 minutes.

Jimlad
06-12-2011, 05:36 AM
I have the same problem, just bought Nimbus in the sale and it's telling me it's the demo, also the first level is different to the one linked above.

Synithin
06-12-2011, 05:43 AM
After trying what you suggested Sairon, i can tell you that Deleting the game and deleting the Nimbus folder in Common does not work. It is still the demo version i get when i launch the game.

Jimlad
06-12-2011, 06:01 AM
***** FIX FOR THIS PROBLEM BELOW *****

Close Steam
Delete ClientRegistry.blob in your Steam folder
Restart Steam

Steam may take a minute or so to update, that's normal. Problem solved.

Synithin
06-12-2011, 06:12 AM
***** FIX FOR THIS PROBLEM BELOW *****

Close Steam
Delete ClientRegistry.blob in your Steam folder
Restart Steam

Steam may take a minute or so to update, that's normal. Problem solved.

This worked for me, thank you ;)

baldurk
06-12-2011, 06:59 AM
That's fixed it for me too, thanks!

Sairon
06-13-2011, 02:43 AM
Glad you found a solution Jimlad :)

Blinxies
06-30-2011, 07:47 AM
fixed it for me as well, i purchased the game and came up as demo, doing the manip from Jimlad fixed it