PDA

View Full Version : Just a tip on game requirements for new buyers.

Jimyz
06-11-2011, 04:44 PM
These games do actualy demand a fair bit of proccessing power from your computer. Running everything at max graphics and physx simulation won't be happening on your laptop. I know my old vista can't.

Seems like this would be obvious to people but game requirements get overlooked a lot sadly. The requirements are not like Magika though(where it is unplayable on a IGP basically), you can probably run it "decently" if you set a lot of stuff to low/very-low.

On the plus side, the game is amazing if you can max it out.

=)

JoelFB
06-12-2011, 08:25 AM
Yeah the games are quite demanding. :)

I should mention that the games don't actually run on Intel-based IGP systems at all, with the exception of the latest Intel chipsets (e.g. Sandy Bridge i7 GPUs and some others as well). ATI/AMD and NVIDIA IGP systems should be "alright" other than the fact that they are rather slow, so even using low settings may not guarantee smooth gameplay. Luckily there's demos of both games available, so IGP system owners should try those first.

Glad to hear you've enjoy the games (over the years I assume), thanks. :)

lawful_fury
06-13-2011, 11:05 AM
ATI/NVDIA IGP will work fine due to good driver support, Intel is another story. I had both games crash while using the Intel HD graphics (newest and old drivers).

I suggest if you have a Intel/Nvidia or Intel/ATI setup to use the ATI/Nvidia instead Force the application to use NVDIA or ATI instead of letting it auto select, it gives you better performance and stability.

Cyberbooster
06-13-2011, 11:36 AM
I have quite everything maxed up on a MacBook Pro with 9600gt and it works quite fine.

Rehtirepo
06-27-2011, 06:56 AM
It's quite funny how both Shadowgrounds are completely unplayable on OSX on my E09 Macbook (2ghz C2D, 4GB ram, 9400m 256MB), but under Win7 they work perfectly. Even running on 800x600 low and everything possible disabled, the game runs very, very, very slow.

Not such a big issue, I just don't like to reboot only to play a game when there should be an OSX alternative ;)