PDA

View Full Version : using a gamepad with vertex dispenser

sxem
06-13-2011, 01:10 PM
I was thinking of using xpadder and using a shift key. There are 27 maximum keys needed, which fits on the gamepad using a shift key to double the buttons. I use a 360 pad so maybe i can map some color buttons to the color power 1 and 2 of that color to make it easier to remember because it has yellow, blue, red, and green face buttons. Then use the Dpad for the 3 other colors, leaving plenty of space for the rest of the commands.

Squid3d
06-13-2011, 03:02 PM
let us know how you get on.

I'm struggling with the colour concept myself. confused as to what does what and why.

verts, edges and faces i have no problem with though :)

liq3
06-13-2011, 08:38 PM
let us know how you get on.

I'm struggling with the colour concept myself. confused as to what does what and why.

verts, edges and faces i have no problem with though :)

A vertex takes the lowest (see sidebar for order) color not already next to it. Pretty simple really.

So if you want yellow, you need blue, red and green next to a vertex. If you want white, you need all other 6 colours next to it.

Squid3d
06-13-2011, 09:33 PM
And it all becomes much clearer. much thanks :)

Tried the xpadder thingmabob myself. it feels slightly alien at the moment, mostly because the last time i used a gamepad was for tomb raider 3.

it does feel a lot less rsi inducing than the keyboard though so i think it's probably worth all the messing.

I'm very much enjoying the game. congratulations to the dev for making all those years of modelling in xsi/maya worth it ;)

sxem
06-22-2011, 04:12 PM
my problem so far is stick sensitivity. i set both analog sticks to the arrow keys, but the control doesnt feel right. i am too imprecise with the sticks. maybe i should try using the face buttons for arrow keys, and map the colors to the sticks...