PDA

View Full Version : Endless RT2?

Spikie
06-13-2011, 01:56 PM
I played RT back in the day so I got this on Steam.

All the scenarios and missions seem to be rather short, at least the first few, and given how quickly 10 years passes, even if I had a game spanning centuries it would still not be as open ended as I'd like.

Is there a mode where I can just play till the 'end date' then it just stay that year? I want to have a practice.

Rail hobo
06-14-2011, 09:12 PM
Hi Spikie,

I don't think there's a way to keep playing forever under the same circumstances. After all, each scenario has a certain development. I expect campaign scenarios stop because they are part of a series of stories to be played one after the other. It might be that single scenarios do allow you to at least keep playing beyond their end date.
I'm quite certain the tutorial does this, because I know it explicitly offers you the possibility to keep playing. I have, in fact, taken it into the 24th century once. That's not exactly the same, though, as it went through the entire set of developments for that world, the last of which were in our time. It was only after that that it kept going on unchanged, but that meant the situation was quite different from the early days. It does mean you can keep on playing for a long time, though.

Something else: If you have a running RRII, can you tell me what file was installed where? I am trying to install it again, but I now only have a 64bits machine and the installer doesn't run on it. Maybe it would work if I put the files in the right locations by hand, but I don't know where they would have to go.

Hobo

Spikie
06-15-2011, 01:33 AM
Hi Spikie,

I don't think there's a way to keep playing forever under the same circumstances. After all, each scenario has a certain development. I expect campaign scenarios stop because they are part of a series of stories to be played one after the other. It might be that single scenarios do allow you to at least keep playing beyond their end date.
I'm quite certain the tutorial does this, because I know it explicitly offers you the possibility to keep playing. I have, in fact, taken it into the 24th century once. That's not exactly the same, though, as it went through the entire set of developments for that world, the last of which were in our time. It was only after that that it kept going on unchanged, but that meant the situation was quite different from the early days. It does mean you can keep on playing for a long time, though.

Something else: If you have a running RRII, can you tell me what file was installed where? I am trying to install it again, but I now only have a 64bits machine and the installer doesn't run on it. Maybe it would work if I put the files in the right locations by hand, but I don't know where they would have to go.

Hobo

I'm running on 7 64bit and tbh all I did was click install now on Steam :)

But I will see what files are where if it will help?

Rail hobo
06-15-2011, 03:33 PM
Hi,

I'm running on 7 64bit and tbh all I did was click install now on Steam :)

Well, that would suggest it's indeed the installer causing the problem.

But I will see what files are where if it will help?

Please, if you will.

Thanks,
Hobo