PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

daicon
06-14-2011, 10:20 AM
I have a few questions about this game.

I already have an account but I'd rather use the "log in through Steam" option. Is there anyway to merge accounts?

If I delete my old character, can I use his name if I can't merge the accounts?

Was there anything special given to Closed Beta testers besides "Pioneer Medal"? Is it transferable?

Thanks!

Whar_1
06-14-2011, 10:23 AM
Yeah, I have this same question too about merging accounts. Is there a way to link our Spiral Knights account to our Steam one?

As for Closed Beta gifts, we also got Groundbreaker armor, but neither that nor the Pioneer medal are transferable.

d0gr0ck
06-14-2011, 10:23 AM
I'm waiting for a copy to download though Steam to confirm this, but I have a suspicion that you still log on using your SK account.

IcemaX
06-14-2011, 10:26 AM
You can login with Sega Pass or Steam account. :)

daicon
06-14-2011, 10:52 AM
You can login with Sega Pass or Steam account. :)

I know, it's just it's really cool to be able to log in through Steam with the click of a button

d0gr0ck
06-14-2011, 10:59 AM
It looks like Steam accounts and Current SK accounts are completely separate for now. No retroactive achievement awards either.

Whar_1
06-14-2011, 11:16 AM
Arg! Man that's kinda depressing. I really hope they implement it at some point, though having Spiral Knights on Steam is absolutely awesome!

d0gr0ck
06-14-2011, 11:21 AM
That it is. I hope they can work something out. My account name for Steam and SK is the same too, it would be so nice to consolidate it.

mouton
06-14-2011, 11:58 AM
They will probably work on it. Give em some time.

skiddlywibble
06-14-2011, 12:02 PM
I'm totaly for linking Steam and normal accounts. I like to have all my stuff under one hub; the less faffing around with extra accounts and passwords, the better!

kbe2k9
06-14-2011, 12:04 PM
I really hope they tie the accounts, no reason for me to start over but heck it's one of the few games I play outside Steam so this seemed like great news.

XTUX345
06-14-2011, 12:06 PM
It'd be awesome if you could log into your steam account (or possibly merged account in the future) via the normal game that you download from the website. While it sounds kinda pointless, this way people using Linux can get the advantages of steam integration on their Linux PC.

d0gr0ck
06-14-2011, 12:09 PM
Yeah, I think it's all down to waiting to see what the SK team will do at this point. From the talk I'd say they are quite aware this is a desire feature.

Just getting the game on Steam was a goal of theirs from months ago. Progress one step at a time.

Whar_1
06-14-2011, 12:17 PM
From the sound of the official forum, they aren't working at all towards integration. All the admin has said is that "It's just a mask" to the cries of everyone wanting integration. I'd love to be optimistic, but the development team has proven time and time again that they're incapable of listening.

I hate to sound completely jaded, but for anyone unfamiliar with the development team, it's a little like this: They have proven time and time again that they're like that little twisted leprechaun whom knows EXACTLY what you want, and will give it to you, but when it's within your grasp, they throw in this amazing catch which completely kills the deal and you never get what you wanted in the first place.

coffeebear
06-14-2011, 05:02 PM
From the sound of the official forum, they aren't working at all towards integration. All the admin has said is that "It's just a mask" to the cries of everyone wanting integration. I'd love to be optimistic, but the development team has proven time and time again that they're incapable of listening.

I hate to sound completely jaded, but for anyone unfamiliar with the development team, it's a little like this: They have proven time and time again that they're like that little twisted leprechaun whom knows EXACTLY what you want, and will give it to you, but when it's within your grasp, they throw in this amazing catch which completely kills the deal and you never get what you wanted in the first place.

Did you ever think maybe it's simply harder to DO then you're acting like?

Also, you seem familiar enough with Three Rings and Spiral Knights, and their forums. You're probably also aware that SK fans (the vocal minority, that is) are some of the most ungrateful bastards on the internet, aye?